Chapter 2

-Stacey-

I went to our 2nd period, which is math, and told Mrs.Lancher that I was going to take Jake to the library to start our tutoring. She nodded and told us that was fine.

Once we reached the library, I sat down in the far back with Jake. Jake took a seat in front of me and stared at me blankly. I just stared back at him the same way. He cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Uh...how have you been?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I'm fine." I said emotionlessly. I had put up walls long ago. He looked at me quizzically.

"How's your mom and dad?" He asked casually. I stiffened and immediately answered in a cold harsh tone.

"Their fine." I growled. He winced and he looked at me quizzically again.

"What happened to you Stacey?" He asked me sadly. I glared at him with so much hate.

"You should know by now what happened Jake." I spat his name. "Since you're the one who did most of it."

He winced and looked at me in confusion. "What did I do? Please tell me." He begged.

"It all started with that one phone call. The one day I called you and you didn't answer." I said harshly.

"What does a phone call have to do with you and I?" He asked harshly. I didn't wince.

"You have no idea Jake." I said sadly. I was breaking, my walls were about to fall in an instant. He looked at me in confusion.

-Jake-

"You have no idea Jake." She said sadly. I gave her a confused look. I was in football the one day she called me, I didn't pick up because I was at practice. What was so important about that phone call? My friends told me she was a freak and not to hang out with her anymore and so I didn't. She tried to get my attention but I ignored her. Then one day she was emo. Or rather, dark.

"Stacy, what was so important?" I asked but her eyes filled up with pain, tears and anger then it was all gone when she put her wall back up.

"Nothing." She said so calm and so emotionless, it was scary. I knew she was hiding something. She pulled out her language arts book and started to tutor me. Her eyes were bright blue but now their a dull blue/gray color. It's sad to see how happy she was and then turn to depressed. Maybe it was all my fault, I thought.

* 30 minutes later *

-Stacy-

The bell just rang so I got up and got my books together. "Do you want me to come over tonight so you can tutor me?" Jake asked, I froze. He can't come to our house! I thought. I shook my head. He sighed. "Okay, mine then?" He asked.

"I can't...I'm...uh busy." I said and rushed out of the library to literacy.