Chapter 7

-Jake's POV-

I hear a scratching noise at my door so I go over to look at what it could be. When I opened the door there was a Great Dane and...Stacey all bruised and bloody. I started to panic. I picked her up and suddenly realized how light she actually was.

I got out the first aid kit and started to clean her up. I thought she would wake up, but damn she's out cold. I finished and carried her up to my room. She should be awake soon...I hope.

I went downstairs and sat down on the couch and realized how tired I was...a couple minutes won't hurt.

* 3 hours later *

Maggie woke me up and brought me up to Stacy. I gave Stacy some pain killers and she downed them then looked at me.

"I'm gonna head home now," she said standing up and wincing in pain. Tears filled her eyes and I shook my head.

"No you're not," I stated and tried to go to her but Maggie growled at me threateningly and I raised my hands in surrender. "Fine, I'll let her go," I said. And so they left, slowly but surely.

-Stacey's POV-

I collected the pain killers and walked out with Maggie as Jake watched. Once I reached home I told Maggie to go to her home. I walked in and realized I needed to start making dinner for my dad. I sighed and got to work.

When I was done, my father had just walked through the door. He entered the kitchen and told me I was excused.

I went to my room and took 2 more pills and went to bed.