Chapter 15: The Funeral- Wait, What!?

Hughes, stood with a happy go silly grin. How the hell was he alive!? Oh my god! I'm so happy but so concerned for what the hell happened! Wait! It might be Envy! 

"Heya guys!" He said with a wave of his hand. 

"Oh great..." Ed grumbled. Hughes wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey Anna! How's it going?" He asked grinning like a mad man. I looked up at him slightly. 

"Fine." I told him. He grinned wider.

One thought kept running though my head: What the hell! He's supposed to be dead! I mean, it's great he's alive but he shouldn't be! What the hell, what the hell, what the hell! This is wrong! 

Damn! I must have changed the plot! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Big, huge, massive, ginormous mistake here! Dammit! Dammit! DAMMIT!

"Hey Anna?" Al asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I don't know what to dooooooo!

"Yeah Al? What's up?" I asked. He giggled. Holy crap what the hell was that!? It was so cute but, at the same so stupid and weird! 

"I noticed your bag has Nicole write on it with white thread. Why is that?" He asked. Oh damn...

"It used to be my sisters." I lied quickly. "She died when she was seven."

"Was it because..." He asked as Ed and Hughes started to walk away. I nodded quickly.

"Yeah. He meant was it because of my parents abuse. I was an only child but I was Anna now. I was no longer Nicole. I had to lie. My 'sister' is dead so it won't matter.

I started thinking about how Hughes was alive. Was he replaced with some random solider? Did the fifth lab even happen? How the hell was he alive! He should be dead!

But, he didn't look that dead to me! Unless he was Envy, I don't have any knowledge of how he's alive! I done know what the hell is going on! Son of a potato pixie fairy! What the hell was going on!I couldn't wrap my head around it! Me and Al- sorry. Al and I jogged to catch up to Ed and Hughes.

Outside, I looked calm and collective. On the inside, I was freaking the chiz out! I was pulling out my hair mentally while I tried to wrap my head around this! Ho-ly mother of everything that is good and holy! Dammit! What am I missing!

"Dammit!" I muttered to myself. Ed looked at me. Oops... I let it slip out...

"Dammit what Anna?" He asked. I looked over at him like he was crazy.

"What?" I asked. That made him confused.

"Didn't you say something?" I shook my head.

"No. Why, did you here something?" Ed opened his mouth to speak but shut it again and shook his head with a puzzled look on his face. Going insane are we Eddy? 

I sighed as we climbed the steps of the Hughes' house after them. Elicia ran up to me and jumped into my arms. I caught her just in time as she grinned ear to ear.

"Big sister!" She cried. I smiled and held he run on arm while I pat her head with my opposite hand.

"Hey there. You did what I told you." I told her. She gave me a confused look.

"What did you tell me?" 

"I told you to stay cute." I explained. "You did just that kid." Hughes squealed as I set Elicia down. He then ran over to me, pulled me into his chest and spun me around in a tight hug.

"You're so adorable! You could be the older version of Elicia!" 

"No I couldn't." I told him pushing away from him and his 'death hug' as I called them. Elicia giggled as her mother picked her up.

"It's nice to see you boys again. And it's nice to meet you Anna. Maes has said a lot about you." Gracia explained. 

"Really?" I asked glaring knives at Hughes. He only smiled and gave me a thumbs up. So basically, Hughes wants another daughter. And he chose me. Great.

"Yes he has." Gracia smiled and set Elicia down again. "Are you boys going to stay here again?" Gracia asked. Ed nodded.

"I guess so. Hughes just kinda came and got us. It's like he was waiting." Ed explained. Hughes rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, I knew you'd be getting back into central today so, I came and met up with you three!" He said. Oh he was lying...

He laughed nervously.

Yup. He's lying. Ed brushed it off and Gracia said their old room was still there so they went to go get settled. Elicia, however, wanted me beside her room. I didn't mind, it was just I was hoping to be away from people.

All of them to be exact.

Oh well. 

Elicia dragged me along to show me her room and then show me mine until we leave again. She smiled then left me alone for a bit. Gracia had gotten some of her old, darker clothes that were more my taste so she could wash mine. 

I said I could wash my own but, she insisted. I did help her make dinner though. She really appreciated it. After dinner, I went to have a shower. It was like, a week ago I had my last shower. It was nice. 

I washed my hair and scrubbed the dirt and grime that had layered over my body and face. I dried and dressed in the bathroom and then I went back to the room Elicia had dubbed as mine. I went in and went into my bag; pulling out my phone.

I zipped my bag back up but then quickly went back into it. The damn FMA Manga book, was missing.

"Shit." I cursed quietly. I shoved my phone in my bag again and took off down the hallway. Ed and Al were talking about alchemy in their room. Gracia was with Elicia which meant Hughes found it. Oh my god.

If he reads it,he's gonna know he was supposed to die! Shit! Shit! Shit! I ran to the living room and the he was, with the book in his hands.

"Anna, we need to talk." He told me snapping the book shut. He has never sounded more serious. I gulped and thought one last thing.

Oh no...