Chapter 20: Panicking

Tsuna chuckled as he watched mini-Mosca shoot popcorn at Hito, who was catching the buttery snack in his mouth.
The brunet was currently leaning against the wall, arms crossed as Spanner was working on the contacts on his work table beside him.
"How's it going?"
"Halfway finished, Tsunayoshi."
"I see..."
The brunet perked up when he felt Sun flames crash around in a room floors above them.
'...Gingerbread found one of Spanner's workshops...'
Spanner seemed to notice too as he glanced at the red light that was blinking on his desk.
"Hmm...looks like they're starting to suspect me..."
~~
"Irie-sama.  He's not here."
"Nor here, Boss-san~!"
Shoichi sighed inwardly in relief, but he scowled outwardly at the two on his screen.
"Have you searched all of his workshops?"
The woman with an afro--Iris Hepburn--smiled mischievously, causing Shoichi's stomach to churn.
"Well~there's one more place to search~!  Leave this one to me, Irie-sama."
Shoichi nodded and turned to the other person that was on the screen--Gingerbread.
"Gingerbread.  You can rest for now.  Leave everything to Iris."
Gingerbread pouted but the puppet listened as he disappeared in a poof of smoke.
The ginger had actually already fought Lal and lost, but it wasn't his real body.
~~
<<(Spanner's Workshop)>>
"They're coming..."
Tsuna stared at the ceiling of the room, watching multiple Cloud flames flying in their direction.
Spanner grimaced briefly before continuing with his work.
"Which one?"
"I believe it's that young lady named Iris Hepburn, slave driver of that Death Stalk Unit."
"Cr**."
Tsuna sighed as he turned to Hito, who was looking around nervously--apparently his Hyper Intuition was working up.
"How are they now, Spanner-san?"
"They're at 80%, Tsunayoshi--but I don't think that I have enough time to finish them before Hepburn gets here."
Tsuna sighed once more as a hologram of Reborn appeared in the room; the baby had appeared to them before, so it didn't shock Hito too much.
"Ciaossu!  Looks like you guys are a bit troubled.  What seems to be the problem?"
Tsuna ran a hand through his hair as he glanced at the hologram.
"Iris Hepburn is coming in our direction with her Death Stalk Unit.  I don't think Hito-kun will be able to use his X-Burner by the time she gets here."
"I see..."
Reborn appeared nonchalant as he took a sip of espresso from his cup; Tsuna's eye twitched slightly at the sight of the drink, and he scowled when Reborn smirked.
'He's taunting me with that drink.  I want some too, d*** it.'
Hito was panicking as he stumbled over to Tsuna.
"Wh-What should we do, Sawada-Sensei?"
The brunet in question smirked lazily.
"Do absolute~ly~nothing~!"
Tsuna waved his arms around for emphasis as Hito's jaw dropped; Reborn snickered.
"Hiiiee!  I'm serious, Sawada-Sensei!"
CRASH!
The entrance to Spanner's workshop exploded.
When the dust settled, there stood Iris with her Death Stalk Unit behind her.
"Found you~!"