Chapter 42: Bombarding

"You shouldn't smoke."
"I'm already dead."
"Then it's your second chance to be more healthy."
"Che."
G sighed out another cloud of smoke before tossing it onto the ground, using his shoe to put it out.
"Happy now?"
Tsuna chuckled.
"Hai~!"
G huffed and resisted the urge to pull out another cigarette.
"The brat's still the same."
Tsuna's eyes grew slightly distant.
"Ah."
G sighed once more, running a hand through his pink--
(G- Change it. ( ̄+ー ̄))
(O.D.D.- H-Hai... _;))
--red locks.
"I'll test the brat today." G jabbed a finger at Tsuna, scowling slightly. "Don't get into trouble!"
The brunet chuckled, waving a hand in the air.
"Yes, Mother."
G huffed before disappearing in a burst of red flames.
~~
"Uri!  Get back here!"
Tsuna watched with slight amusement as Hayato searched through the bushes for his box weapon.
The said cat was actually sitting on his lap, purring contently.
Nya~!
Tsuna chuckled, running a hand through her fur.
The Uri of this world didn't know Tsuna, but she still felt some sort of deep connection with him.
The Vongola Version X Storm Belt was inside Tsuna's bag at the moment, glowing slightly in response of being close to a similar Storm flame.
Tsuna felt a familiar Storm flame settle onto his shoulder.
"Konichiwa, Tsunayoshi-kun."
"Konichiwa, Fon-kun."
The three heard Hayto swear again; they sighed softly.
"I hope he passes."
Nya...
~~
"An imposter!?"
Tsuna watched from afar as Hayato finally confronted G, who was disguised as the silveret; Hito looked between the two with shock.
G revealed his true form and told how Hayato didn't deserve to be Hito's right-hand man.
Hayato was visibly discouraged, and Hito stepped forward.
"I...don't want a right-hand man."
The silveret flinched.
"...But I want...Hayato-kun to be my friend."
Hayato lifted his head and blinked his eyes in surprise; Hito smiled nervously and scratched his cheek.
On the side, G was still observing them.
Hayato then brightened up and grinned before turning a determined gaze to G.
"I am...Juu--no, Hito-sama's friend.  I won't listen to you--I'll stay by his side and watch over him as a vow of a friend."
Slowly, a smile appeared on G's face; the redhead chuckled.
"Gokudera Hayato....you have passed my test."
The silveret blinked in surprise as G continued to speak.
"Being the Storm Guardian isn't all about being a right-hand man--you must be the Storm that never leaves the Sky's side just because of a simple position.  The Sky and its elements are friends and one big family.  Don't forget that, brat."
G smirked as he was surrounded by Storm flames; a bit broke off and entered Hayato's box weapon.
The Storm flames disappeared....before reappearing next to Tsuna, who was quite a distance away from the group.
"Someone's happy."
G huffed and crossed his arms, masking his prideful face with a scowl; Tsuna chuckled.
"The brat did well is all.  Nothing more, nothing less."
"You're proud of him."
G grumbled, muttering something about 'demonic intuition' and 'nothing gets past this kid'.
The day ended with another, orange sunset.