Chapter 35: Thundering Pt. 1

BOOOM! BANG! CRASH!
Hito bolted up from the bed he was sleeping on, sleep was erased from his mind.
The other Guardians did the same.
Hito ran down the stairs and exited the tall building, looking up with surprise.
Large missiles were being shot through the sky, hitting a green barrier.
"Ciaossu."
Hito snapped his gaze to his tutor, dashing up towards the baby.
"Reborn! What's going on!?"
The hitman tugged his fedora down.
"It's Verde, the Lightning Arcobaleno."
~~
Tsuna's eyes glowed green as he worked with Gyuudon in keeping the barrier up.
Roll popped out of the sea and darted over to Tsuna, shaking the water off of himself before hopping onto the brunet's shoulder.
"Pupi. Piii..."
Tsuna nodded his head and smiled.
"Arigatou, Roll-kun. You can rest now."
"Pupi!"
The animal burst into Cloud flames and returned to the bracelet on Tsuna's wrist.
Tsuna then turned his gaze back to the ocean.
'Hm, Verde broke through Roll's defenses. He'll be attacking the beach soon.'
Tsuna pat Gyuudon on the back, signaling the bull to fall back.
The bull snorted once before bursting into Lightning flames, returning to the black, biker helmet.
Tsuna stored the helmet back into a lightning box weapon before backing away from the shore; he grabbed his bag along the way and put the weapons away.
Tsuna slung his backpack onto his back as a giant claw started to peek out from the water.
Tsuna's eyes flashed to red as he raised his hand up; Storm flames gathered in his palm.
He narrowed his eyes as a giant lobster came crawling out of the sea; the brunet threw the small ball of condensed, Storm flames at the sea animal's head.
"Rosso Cometa." (Red Comet.)
The lobster was blown back into the water once the Storm flames made contact with its head; it screeched loudly.
Tsuna waited for the lobster to stand back up, but he soon sweatdropped when he realized that the sea animal wasn't moving any more.
'I probably put too much into that one...'
Suddenly, Tsuna was lifted into the air by one of his ankles; he blinked in surprise and looked upwards to see what was currently dangling him in the air.
'A tentacle?'
His sunset-orange eyes--they switched back to the color when Tsuna knocked out the lobster--followed the long limb and found a squid poking its head out of the water.
'Cr**.'
Tsuna bent forwards and lit his hand with offensive cloud flames, burning the squid's arm.
But the sea animal was surprisingly persistent and simply tightened its grip; more tentacles restrained his other limbs. Tsuna narrowed his gaze as he tugged his arms; the brunet coughed harshly when he felt a familiar burning feeling in his chest.
"Sh**...not now..."
Starfish suddenly splashed right out of the ocean and went rushing towards Tsuna's direction.
The brunet widened his eyes slightly before using some of his cloud flames to move as much as he could in his restraints.
He clicked his tongue when a starfish grazed his side, drawing blood.
The starfish stopped in mid air before spinning rapidly once more; they darted back towards Tsuna.
Bang, bang, bang!
Tsuna blinked in mild surprise when the squid suddenly released him and let him fall to the sand below; he landed in a crouch before looking at the three that had helped him.
"Baka-Tsuna, get up."
The said brunet chuckled as he stood up, allowing Reborn to hop onto his head; Lal and Colonello hopped onto his shoulders while Viper floated next to Tsuna's head. Aria was somewhere else on the island to stay away from the danger.
"Thanks you three..."
There was a rustle of leaves before Hito and the Guardians came rushing into the scene.
Hito blinked in surprise when he spotted Tsuna.
"Sawada-Sensei?!"
Tsuna chuckled before coughing; Reborn and Viper tensed slightly.
The brunet sighed tiredly before grinning.
"Is everyone alright?"
Hito nodded and yelped in surprise when a starfish came rushing towards his face; Reborn quickly shot it down.
Tsuna quickly lit his hand with cloud flames.
"Nuvola di Ago." (Cloud of Needles.)
The brunet flicked his wrist, sending senbon made of Cloud flames at the remaining starfish in the air; he dealt with them quickly.
The remains of the starfish suddenly merged together to form a giant starfish; Colonello aimed his rifle at it.
"Maximum Burst!"
Bang!
The starfish was quickly defeated.
They all heard something and immediately turned their gazes to the water.
A small dome popped out of the sea, and a certain green-haired baby stood there, smirking.
"Hello, Vongola."