Chapter 30: Misting

"You're that kid who hangs out with the Decimo."
Tsuna pouted childishly as he turned to look at the wall--nothing was on there.
"I'll have you know that I'm an adult, Mammon-kun."
Indigo mist appeared and the said baby slowly revealed himself; he was sitting on the wall, looking at Tsuna with slight interest.
"Mu...it won't be long until they find me--and you're pretty peaceful to hang out with. I rather stick with you for now than anyone else that I know."
Tsuna chuckled and let Mammon settle onto his shoulder; he felt the Mist Arcobaleno freeze, causing Tsuna to mentally facepalm himself.
'I should probably start to avoid having physical contact with Mist-users...'
Viper reached a shaky hand out and grabbed a few strands of Tsuna's hair, but it didn't hurt the brunet.
"Y-You...why...?"
Tsuna sighed before carefully taking the other off of his shoulder--hesitating slightly to see if the baby wanted to be touched or not--and carried him in his arms.
"Please don't tell them."
Mammon looked at Tsuna with slight shock.
"Kid...you should be...!"
Tsuna laughed sadly bowing his head slightly.
"Yeah...I know. But how can I help the others then?"
Viper clenched his hand on Tsuna's sleeve, leaning back into the other.
"...You're a selfless idiot like Luce..."
~~
"Sawada-Sensei!?"
"Yo~!"
Tsuna hopped off of the shrine rooftop with Viper in his arms; he let the baby float out of his grasp.
Hito walked over to Tsuna and frowned.
"...Sawada-Sensei...you look...very pale..."
Tsuna froze minutely--Viper too--before smiling brightly; the brunet pinched Hito's cheeks.
"Never mind that for now~! You need to go against Viper-kun~!"
It was during the walk towards the shrine that Mammon allowed Tsuna to call him 'Viper'.
Hito flushed and swatted Tsuna's hands away before looking at the brunet with concern.
"Do you need to rest?"
Tsuna sighed and ruffled the other's hair.
"Maybe~! I'll make sure to take a nap then." The brunet pushed the blonde in Viper's direction. "Now go! Viper-kun doesn't like to be kept waiting."
Hito stumbled a bit before regaining his balance; he glanced back at Tsuna before turning to Ryohei and Takeshi.
~~
It took a while, but Hito defeated Mammon by using an X-Burner on the illusionist; Ryohei and Takeshi took care of the starfish box weapon.
Also, Bel, who was disguised as a girl, came to the Decimo's aid, bringing Kyoko along with him; the ginger was actually looking for Ryohei because she was worried that the other might get lost.
After giving his seal to Hito, Viper told the group that he got the box weapon from Verde, who paid him to test it out.
With that, Mammon surprisingly jumped back into Tsuna's arms, who caught the illusionist out of reflex.
"Viper-kun?"
Bel snapped out of his stupor and laughed eerily.
"Ushishishi~this is the first time I've ever seen Mammon hang out with someone so willingly..."
Mammon yawned.
"Tsunayoshi. Buy me some lunch."
The brunet raised an eyebrow before chuckling.
"Hai~" He turned to look at the others. "I'll get you guys something too."
"Arigatou, Sawada-Sensei/Tsuna-Sensei."
Suddenly, Tsuna felt three weights settle on him; the brunet sweatdropped slightly.
'I really have become the personal seat for Arcobaleno...'
Tsuna sighed before walking down the slope, following the others.