Chapter 24: Believing

Spanner joined Tsuna, who was standing on the side, as they watched Hito step closer to the enemy.
The hologram of Reborn 'sat' next to Tsuna's feet.
"Do you think Dame-Take can take him?"
Tsuna sighed as he stared at the illusionist-swordsman.
"I have faith in Hito-kun; he can handle Genkishi-san...but," Tsuna grimaced slightly. "He won't get out of this fight unscathed."
Reborn tugged his fedora down.
"...I see..."
<<(With Hito)>>
"You must be Genkishi-san."
The said man didn't reply as he pulled out another sword.
Hito narrowed his gaze as he positioned his fists in front of himself.
Suddenly, Genkishi lunged at Hito, swords raised for attack; he brought them down in an 'x'.
Hito blocked it with one gloved hand before cocking his right fist back; he punched the raven in the gut.
Hito blinked his eyes in surprise when his fist phased right through; Genkishi burst into a cloud of Mist flames.
Hito's Hyper Intuition flared as the blonde swung his arm around and backhanded a swing from a sword.
Genkishi merely blinked as he crossed his blades in front of him to block a barrage of punches from Hito.
One of Hito's punches went through, but Genkishi turned into a cloud of Mist once more.
Hito felt his Intuition alert him again as he looked upwards to see Genkishi in the air.
Suddenly the swordsman lit one of his rings with his flames as an indigo mist surrounded him.
Tsuna watched from below and narrowed his eyes; Reborn caught the look.
"What's happening now?"
"Genkishi-san will go into his second form; he's using one of his Hell rings."
When the mist dispersed, Genkishi was in some sort of armor, swinging a large sword to the side.
"I will not let you pass, Tachibana Takehito."
The said blonde simply narrowed his gaze.
Suddenly, Genkishi appeared behind the blonde, slashing at his back with two blades.
"Gah!"
A bloody 'x' was formed; Tsuna clenched his hands, but he didn't move to help the other.
Hito recovered and threw a punch at Genkishi's head, but the man dodged and appeared behind the blonde.
This time, the teen turned around in time to catch the blade that could have sliced him in half; the second sword in Genkishi's hand had disappeared.
The swordsman blinked in surprise when he saw Hito's hands--they were positioned in a unique diamond shape.
Mist flames were slowly sucked into Hito's hands as his Sky flame grew larger on his forehead.
Hito suddenly uppercutted Genkishi, sending the illusionist backwards.
Genkishi scowled and he regained his footing in the air as he backed away from the blonde.
Hito sighed softly as his Sky flames burned brighter than usual.
Genkishi clicked his tongue before appearing behind Hito once more...
...but the blonde predicted it and appeared behind the swordsman; Genkishi widened his eyes with shock as Hito spoke behind him.
"You looked more fearsome with your stoic expression--despite you being weaker in power."
Genkishi scowled and spun around, only to be hit squarely in the face.
He stumbled in the air as he retreated from Hito.
When Tsuna saw this, he gripped his hands until they started to bleed; Reborn saw this and frowned.
"Tsuna, relax."
Tsuna let out a sighed as he healed his bleeding hands.
"...Genkishi-san's about to be consumed by the Hell ring."
Indeed, the Mist flames surrounded the swordsman once more as Hito backed up slightly.
When the mist dispersed for the second time, Genkishi...didn't even look human anymore.
Genkishi's face became a skull, and his other body parts was simply bone with armor on it.
The illusionist gave a cruel laugh as he pointed his sword at Hito, who simply stood there unflinchingly.
Suddenly Hayato was there, but it wasn't the real him.
Hito widened his eyes in surprise as his other Guardians and friends appeared out of nowhere and held him in the air.
Genkishi laughed as he raised his sword.
"Die, Vongola Decimo!"
Hito blinked before shutting his eyes.
"Mina...let go."
The illusions surprisingly let go as they drifted in the air; Genkishi widened his eyes out of shock.
"H-How--!?"
Then the swordsman spoted the ice on their hands.
'Zero-point Breakthrough: First Edition!?'
Hito lowered his head as his bangs shadowed his eyes.
"How dare you use my friends against me?"
The blonde lifted his face to reveal his angry, blazing eyes.
"I won't forgive you!"
The illusions of Hito's Guardians and friends disappeared as the blonde went into his familiar stance, aiming his right hand behind him as he held his left hand in front of his face.
Down below, Tsuna sighed in relief, knowing the outcome of the fight.
Reborn smirked as he glanced up at Tsuna.
"You should've known the results from the beginning, Dame-Tsuna. There's nothing to worry about, Baka."
Tsuna pouted before sighing; he chuckled as he looked up at Hito, who was readying his 'X-Burner'.
"I guess not. All I needed to do was believe in him."
"250,000 FV...280,000 FV...300,000 FV. Right burner, flame pressure increasing. 230,000 FV..."
Hito closed his eyes in concentration.
Spanner widened his eyes in surprise as he looked at his computer.
"Vongola is going over the original amount of FV from his earlier X-Burner. Did he grow stronger form last time?"
Reborn smirked as he tipped his fedora upwards.
"That's my student. He keeps on growing stronger after every battle he takes." 'Including you, Tsuna.'
Tsuna heard those unspoken words and flushed slightly, crossing his arms as he looked to the side.
"Indeed..." 'Thanks, Reborn.'
"280,000 FV...300,000 FV. Gauge Symmetry. Stand by for launch."
Hito snapped opened his eyes as he glared at Genkishi.
"X-BURNER: AIR!"
BOOOOM!
Genkishi widened his eyes before he got hit by the attack; he knew nothing more.
Hito panted as he floated in the air; he widened his eyes when the dust settled.
"I can see...the round device!"
Tsuna smiled back at Hito as he walked over to Spanner and hologram-Reborn.
"We best get up there then."