31. Not The Pacient Anymore

"Memories are like a reverie; they are pleasant and can make you lose your mind, more or less like lost souls."
                        •••

Months of rehabilitation programme had passed. It was meant to make Alexa remember but unfortunately she didn't.

The morning was irritatingly obnoxious. The weather was unfavourable and boisterous. No chirps could be heard.

"Thompson, faster!" A nurse spoke with a husky, somehow broken voice.

"Yes, yes, of course." Alexa answered with a surprised face.

"Thompson," the nurse said,"no troglodytic actions!"

"Ok, yes." Alexa replied.

Alexa was going to an orphanage. She couldn't stay in the hospital forever. At the moment, she was almost 11 years old.

The nurses helped Alexa carry her luggage  as she wasn't strong in terms of strength.

"Hey, wait little Thompson." Julian, the receptionist spoke.

"Yes ma'am?" Alexa asked like she was in a state of confusion.

"Do you remember Mr. Wharlow?" Julian interrogated.

"Yes, I remember him." Alexa replied with confidence in her eyes.

"Well, he left this diary," Julian said but then she paused for a minute,"it was your mum's property."

"My mum?" Alexa repeated.

"Yes your mum." Julian uttered. "Mr. Wharlow had this on his car somehow."

"Miss, I don't think I'm ready to open it." Alexa said, a bit worried.

"Don't worry; when you're ready, you can obviously open it." Julian spoke in a low tone. "Memories are like a reverie; they are pleasant and can make you lose your mind, more or less like lost souls." Julian wisely spoke.

"I shall remember it, right." Alexa spoke while smirking.

"Indeed." Julian muttered.

"What?" Alexa said.

"Nothing, Thompson!" Julian spoke.

Alexa smiled and waved as she walked to the exit of the hospital. Julian smiled and didn't say one of those flawless locutions. Alexa entered the automobile and held the diary on her chest, for her who will know how to exorcise the devil in exchange for the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)