24. Further Investigation

"It was the experience of mystery - even if mixed with fear- that engendered religion."
                        •••

Mr. Wharlow grabbed the car keys from his pocket in his coat. Then, he headed to his car with hope to decode this mystery. He actually knew where the Roselvets lived.

Hours of driving passed; he finally arrived at the Roselvets residence.

That place hasn't been cleaned for 5 weeks; resuming, the mansion was dirty. The mansion completely seemed haunted.

Mr. Wharlow got out of his car. He stared at the blossoms; that mansion had a beautiful garden, it's smell of exotic blooms was pleasantly marvellous. Mr. Wharlow just walked passed the portcullis, he still couldn't stop smelling the scent of the flowers. At that time of the year it was spring. He stopped smelling the scent of flowers as he opened the door. Inside there was this unbearable smell of rotten meat. His senses already told him that the crime responsible for their disappearance was murder;he just needs to know who did it. He walked around the house, until the smell became stronger. That smell came from the closet! He slowly and gently opened the closet. Mr. Wharlow saw two dead bodies. He saw no signs of struggle; bruises, or Haematoma. But as he looked closer, he found out that both Katherine's and Edward's eyes were taken. Blood swelled the closet. Mr. Wharlow left them then went to investigate the woods. Early in the garden, he found footprints.

The woods were foggy and cold. No one could survive there.

He was holding the lantern; he had a gun on his pocket. The footprints all headed to a tree. Mr. Wharlow walked closer and closer. He found a girl, who was intentionally sleeping on the woods, in the muddy, dirty, and wet woods.

Mr. Wharlow touched her shoulder then she woke up. She started pleading for help. But before she said, "Who am I?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)