9. Poltergeist

"When I was a child, I'd sit for hours staring into open flame. Something in it had a power; could barely tear my eyes away."
                        •••

"Where is the dwelling?" Noire asked.

"Well it's not far, we're almost there," answered Katherine.

"Ok." Noire responded.

Noire didn't know anything about them; she only knew that they were going to be her new parents.

When they arrived Noire's mouth agape in incredulity. She didn't know they were affluent, she had no clue.

The mansion was beautiful; opulent; sumptuous; magnificent; gorgeous; lavish; ornate. It had golden portcullis as the gate. The garden was just simply flourished with flowers that created a pleasant scent of the heavens. I had an appearance of an old castle or a palace.

"Noire, my dear, what are you doing?" Edward asked.

"I'm just fascinated; I didn't know that I was going to live in a mansion!" Noire said while her mouth was still agape.

"My dears let's get inside before you two get a cold, here outside is freezing." Katherine said to both Edward and Noire.

All of them walked into the entrance of the palace. Inside it was a bit old fashioned but at the same time very fancy. It had magnificent chandeliers. The mirrors in the walls of the house had crystals on it as the decoration. The walls were pearl white and the furniture was colourful, this made the palace a bit more modern.

"Wow!" Noire whispered.

"This house ... palace is so gorgeous and extremely extraordinary." Noire continued.

"My dear if you loved this I wonder how will you love your room." Katherine said.

"Mum and Dad, I get to have my own room?" Noire questioned.

"Of course you get to have it; you will even get to have your own bathroom." Answered Edward.

"Thanks, I never thought that I would be adopted and never thought that I would get to live in a place like this one." Noire responded.

"You don't have to thank, we have to thank you for being at the right place in the right moment Noire." Huffed Katherine and Edward in unison.

"Well let's go upstairs, what are you waiting for ladies." Edward said.

~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)