37. New Friend

"If you have a crazy friend, you have everything."
•••

"That's not possible." Alexa gushed.

"Do you even know what schizophrenia is? You're psychotic. You can't distinguish what is real and unreal, you can't think clearly, you can't manage emotions, not even relate to others or function normally," the psychiatrist informed, "what I don't understand is, schizophrenia appears in the late years of adolescence and early years of adulthood, you're just 13, just an early teen."

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

"I believe, but not in the human ghost that hunts people."

"I see it, everyday!"

            •••

Alexa was taken to her dormitory. A place where she would be alone, as her mental state was pernicious.

The nurses took her to the spooky room. Alexa felt like being watched, perhaps there were cameras on the way to her dormitory.

Still on the dormitory she felt watched. What if they were experimenting her state? She's old but not old enough to be diagnosed with schizophrenia.

The day passed and turned into night. The night flew and arrived into a day.

The nurses woke up Alexa to take her to the canteen.

"What's happening?" Alexa doubted

"It's breakfast time then medication." The nurse replied. He took her to the canteen and let her choose a place to stay.

Alexa had no friends but she remembered the benevolent Tes. She saw Tes looking at the window and went there beside her.

"Good morning Tes." She announced.

"Hey Lex."

"Nice nickname." Alexa added whilst smiling. "Can I sit here, I'm not familiar with this place; I also have no acquaintances."

"Sure!" She responded, with an enthusiastic voice. "You're my new friend."

"Thanks -"

"For?"

"Thanks for being my friend."

A nurse came and gave them food. They ate delectable cereal with sour berries. After, the same nurse, with long brown hair and sea green eyes, came to give the medication.

"Spit it!" Tes murmured in Alexa's ears. "Don't ask why."

-------------------
Please vote ⭐️ and comment before leaving this chapter! :) Please, don't be a SILENT reader! Tes doesn't take medication, but if Alexa or Lex doesn't what will happen? I'd like to thank phobestar  for always voting the chapters. Shoutout for her! Check out her story, The Unseen, it's nice. I'll do a shoutout for anyone who answers this( and explain. Please don't be condescending): do you believe in ghosts?