12. She Is Cryptic

"Like other ghosts, she whispers; not for me to join her, but so that, when I'm close enough, she can push me back into the world."
                        •••

Noire finally woke up from that vivid nightmare. Katherine and Edward were there crying because Noire wasn't waking. But when she woke up, smiles came out of their face.

"Noire, my dear what happened." Katherine asked worried.

"Why did you scream?" Edward questioned.

"Mum and dad, I saw, I saw a ghost. It was a baby, actually there were a lot of them. It burned my hand yesterday but I hid it because I was terrified. Today I had this very vivid dream or how can I say nightmare . I was in a psychiatry or some kind of mental asylum. They sedated me. Then I screamed because something horrible was about to happen." Noire answered while tear drops were coming out from her eyes.

"My dear that never happened it was just a dream." Katherine said while looking deeply into Noire's eyes.

"Mum, look into my hand it is burning." Noire said.

"No it isn't my dear." Edward said.

"No... This isn't possible, minutes ago it had flames; the whole room was burning into flames even yesterday." Noire said confused.

"Don't worry my dear, it was just a dream, a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep formed in the deepest and deepest parts of the subconscious mind."

"But I have a question." Noire asked.

"What is it? Spit it out!" Edward and Katherine said in unison.

"Did you ever have a child; I mean not adopted, your biological daughter or son." Noire questioned.

"Let's not talk about it please my dear." Katherine said a bit panicked.

"Why? I really need to know, what if this child doesn't want anyone after he or she died." Noire responded to Katherine.

"Ok fine, Edward go ahead I'm not enough courageous and audacious to tell her their story." Katherine said.

"Once ten years ago, we had twins, one boy and one girl. Eventually the boy, whose name was Brian, just lived for three years. The girl, whose name was Sarah, lived for eight years. I know you Noire may be questioning, how did they pass away. Well, the boy suffered a fatal disease then he couldn't bear it longer so he died. Other way the girl was very, I mean very outrageous, stubborn and cryptic. She was obscure and never listened to authority. Until one day we left her alone. Her situation was insidious. She didn't listen, don't go near the fireplace then she went near the fireplace. She accidentally fell there. When we got here it was already too late. At that time it seemed like she got assassinated but then we examined her and discovered that it was a kind of suicide and no one murdered her. Then your mom, Katherine, gave up on everything. She felt depressed and thought it was her fault." Edward told.

"But I surpassed that." Katherine said with a fake smile on her face.

"I'm very sorry for asking you about that." Noire said.

"No, we should have told you this before."

"BUT MUM AND DAD, WHAT IF SHE WANTS TO KILL ME!" Noire exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)