39. Remembering The Diary

"The writing on the wall may be fake but it keeps me awake."
                  •••

"What do you see, Alexa?" The psychiatrist asked.

"Diary," she paused, "a voice is commanding me to open and read my mum's old diary."

"Does this diary exist?" The psychiatrist taking notes, questioned.

"Yes, Mr. Wharlow found it."

"I think it's better to ask her when she's awake." The psychiatrist muttered. "Alexa, wake up." She commanded while moving her fingers gently.

Alexa woke up and as slow as a snail, she opened her electric-blue eyes. "What happened?" She whispered with an angelic and soft voice.

"Who's Mr. Wharlow," the psychiatrist again questioned, "and how is he related to your so-called diary."

"He's the man who fortunately found me in the forest." Alexa couldn't have sounded less enthusiastic.

"Aha?" She looked pensive.

"He told me that I'm not Alexa." Alexa brightened. "He died then he left a diary that was my mum's."

"Your story is interesting." The psychiatrist said. "You can go now Alexa and one day you'll be a great author."

"Thank you and have a good afternoon."

"To you too, Thompson." She smiled.

Alexa left the room and headed to hers. She still felt watched. She doesn't really understand why this happens.

"Are there any cameras here?" Alexa thought out loud. "What am I saying; like the psychiatrist said I must stop being paranoid!"

"You're starting to talk alone, Alexa?" Tes promptly uttered. "Can I call you Lex?"

"Sorry, I guess I thought out loud and sure thing." Surprised, Alexa responded. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"Is this place run by a clock?" Moving her eyes in an alien manner, Alexa asked assuming a bland tone.

"Maybe," she answered, "I never really thought of that."

"Thanks and bye Tes." Alexa smiled for the first time today.

Alexa continued to walk to her dormitory. She got there and abruptly opened the door. She had the diary in mind. She was more than tempted to open it. She needed to know the truth to exorcise the so-called devil and finally get rid of this cat-and-mouse game.

She looked everywhere. She opened everything. She made a mess whilst trying to find it.

"Where is it?" She cried.

-------------------
Please vote ⭐️ and comment before leaving this chapter! :) Please, don't be a SILENT reader! Guess where it is. I'd like to thank love_writing101 for commenting nice things that inspire me.