16. Rejection

"When I was a child I was afraid of ghosts. As I grew up I realised that people are more scary."
                        •••

After Noire took a nap, it was time to go to school. When she woke up, she washed her face then took a shower. She put her clothes on then she was prepared to go to school.

"Noire, dad is waiting outside; let's go!" Katherine said.

"Ok mum I'm coming, just checking if I brought everything." Noire responded.

Noire was excited to go school. She wondered and heard about school a lot. The only school that she ever went was the one in the orphanage.

Noire went downstairs then she got out of the house and entered in Edward's car. She sat at the back of the driver's sit, which was in the right side of the car. Katherine didn't go with them as she was too busy.

"Dad, why doesn't mum work?" Noire questioned.

"It a long story." Edward responded.

"Please dad, once I asked her then she changed the subject of the conversation." Noire said.

"Fine; remember the story of Sarah and Brian?" Edward asked.

"Yes I do remember." Noire answered.

"After Brian passed away, she was depressed and stayed one year without going to work. Sarah was cryptic and a rebel; she never listened, so we had to take her to the psychologist. When Sarah died, she was even more depressed and stopped working. She was a paediatrician; when she saw a mother with a child she would always get out of control." Edward said.

"That's sad dad, now I understand why mum doesn't want to talk about it." Noire said.

"Dad?" Noire asked.

"Yes my dear." Edward asked.

"Why aren't you afraid when you talk about Sarah and Brian?" Noire questioned.

"I keep feeling inside me, Noire. Normally that's what men do." Edward responded.

"That's good but you should show that you care, dad." Noire suggested.

"Yes my dear I will try." Edward sarcastically said.

Finally, they arrived at school.

Noire's mouth was agape; she saw many children playing and some were crying because they didn't want to leave their parents. She saw groups of people, she saw everything that you would see in a 1960s school.

The school was gigantic; it had a long hall inside. The school's colour was kind of blue but with a mixture of green. It had windows everywhere.

"Bye my dear; have a nice day and make friends." Edward said with a smile on his face while kissing Noire goodbye.

"Yes bye dad; have a wonderful day." Noire said while getting out of the car and closing the door.

When Edward was trying to go, Noire waved her hand the last time and entered the school with a big smile on her face. Until the bell rang.

Noire entered the class slowly, everyone looked at her.

"Miss Scott, who is this girl?" A redhead asked.

"Samantha and the rest of the class, this is Noire." Miss Scott announced.

"Noire you shall sit beside Samantha." Miss Scott commanded.

Noire walked and sat near Samantha, a redhead with many freckles round her face; when she talked, dimples formed on her cheeks; she was tall and her lips were pink; her eyes were different colours, one in the right was blue and the other in the left was brown; her accent was deep and lovely, for this reason she was French.

On break, Noire tried to get some friends but everyone rejected and ignored her; she wasn't expecting this. Samantha seemed nice in the class but outside the class she bullied Noire and stole her lunch. Noire was being rejected but not for long.

After school, Edward came and picked up Noire.

"My dear, how was your day?" Edward asked.

"Dad ... No one wanted to be my friend." Noire said while a tear drop came out of her eyes. Edward just stayed without replying.

When they arrived at home, Noire was sad. Katherine didn't even dare to ask. So it went until night came.

Noire went to her bedroom and before sleeping she wondered, "Why does everyone hate me; can I assault someone; why does this just happen to me; I just feel like I could disappear."

~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)