15. Scandal

"The people you love become ghosts inside of you and like this you keep them alive."
•••

After Noire whispered that to herself, she immediately fell asleep. This time there was no more haunting; she had pink dreams.

It was 1:12 a.m; Noire stood up and walked to Katherine's room because she heard a knock in the door downstairs.

"Mum, someone's knocking the door; I'm afraid to go there and check alone." Noire said quietly.

"No problem my dear; give me a minute." Katherine said a bit exasperated with bleary eyes.

"Ok, I'm going to walk slowly and quietly because what if it is a robber." Noire said while she was bit intimidated.

"Ok but make sure you're walking gently, I'll be right at the back of you." Katherine said.

Noire walked gently downstairs without making a single noise. Before following Noire,Katherine went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife then she followed Noire. Katherine got there; she was holding a knife in case that person would be robber. Noire was surprised; this may be very serious.

"Who's there?" Katherine asked.

"It's me, Ed." Said the mysterious figure behind the door.

"Give me our key." Katherine commanded. Then the mysterious figure behind the door knocked the door in which it sounded like Save Our Souls. "That's correct, Ed enter." Katherine said alleviated.

Edward entered with his hair soaking. His work eye glasses were wet; his blond hair turned dark brown; his grey eyes reflected the mist that existed in that night. He kissed Katherine's cheek then carried Noire upstairs to her bedroom.

After that, they all slept until it was morning .

"Have you heard the news Noire, something scandalous happened to your orphanage." Edward said while taking a sip in his hot tea.

"Edward, remember once she told us that something bad was going to happen to that orphanage." Katherine said worried.

"Yes I did mum but the only thing I remember is fire." Noire said.

"But the orphanage caught fire." Edward said spontaneously.

"I guess my dear Noire is clairvoyant." Katherine sad while giggling.

"Maybe she is or maybe it is just coincidence," Edward said while blinking one eye.

"Ok... Noire what happened to that lady?" Katherine asked while changing the subject of the conversation.

"Yesterday after mom went to sleep that lady took a bath and decided to go." Noire answered the question but she was lying.

"Ok." Katherine responded.

"Who are you ladies talking about?" Edward questioned.

"It's a long story; there was this lady who pleaded for help so we felt mercy then decided to help her." Katherine answered.

"Oh ok no problem, as long as she didn't hurt you." Edward said.

After breakfast, Noire went to her room and took a small nap before classes start. She was still wondering about the lady and the scandal of the orphanage.

Noire thought about many questions, "May I be clairvoyant like mom suggested; why am I capable of doing all these; can I murder someone; who are my real parents; will I ever find them; I feel like I could disappear."

~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)