23. Investigation

"No one will ever find me; why isn't anyone searching for the truth?"
                        •••

Weeks had passed. Noire suffered from starvation and depression.That trauma, was really chaotic.

Meanwhile in the city everyone was looking for the family. There were flyers, posters, and even an article in the newspaper about their disappearance.

"Extra, extra; miss and mister Roselvet are missing for 5 weeks, their adopted daughter is also nowhere to be seen." A young boy wearing a blue hat announced.

Fortunately, Mr. Wharlow was there. Mr. Robert Adrian Wharlow was the most successful detective in the region; his abilities to solve cases were extraordinary and out of this world. Mr. Wharlow retired after he turned 50, so on he became a private detective. This man was tall and unattractively thin; his eyes were green; his face was rugged; his nose was pointy; his hair colour was Amber.

Mr. Wharlow raised his hands then called the young boy, " Mister, a newspaper please."

The young boy came, gave him the newspaper, then Mr. Wharlow paid him.

After that, Mr. Wharlow started reading the newspaper by head:

"The Roselvets are missing for 5 weeks which gives a sum of 35 days of disappearance. Some say they're in holidays while others say they may have been kidnapped. Our search for them still continues. We tried our best and put flyers all around Britain. If you see them please report or call."

Mr. Wharlow then whispered to himself, " I need to find out the truth."

The first thing he did, is question the closest people to the Roselvets. According to his findings, everyone said that they were last seen in the hospital. So he decided investigate the local hospital.

"Good afternoon Mr. Wharlow!" The hospital receptionist greeted.

"Julian, do you know about the Roselvets?" Mr. Wharlow questioned.

"Yes Mr. Wharlow. Once they came here with their daughter; it happened before their disappearance." Julian, the receptionist answered.

"Do you know the doctor or nurse, who were in charge of them?"

"Let me check... Yup! Emma, Neil, and Jared." Julian responded.

Mr. Wharlow didn't say a word. He walked around the hospital, looking for those three. He knew who they were. Surprisingly, the three of them came and started talking to him about their last sighting with the Roselvets.

Abruptly, Emma started speaking," Mr. Wharlow, the last time I saw them, Noire, their adopted daughter said something strange about exorcism."

"Exorcism?" Mr. Wharlow asked.

"Yes, I think I heard it too." Neil spoke.

"Exorcism? Ok, I'm really thankful because of your help." Mr. Wharlow said while stepping out of the hospital.

Mr. Wharlow had an idea; he didn't have those for 3 years. His idea was to investigate their house and the woods near their dwelling.

~~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)