36. No End

"The dream that was my life, this is my nightmare."
             •••

"Get out of the car, Miss Thompson!" The driver commanded as Alexa was fantasising.

"Yes, sir." Alexa followed his words. While getting out of the car, a man came and helped Alexa carry the luggage. "Good morning and thank you." Alexa smiled as she talked to him.

"How can you, a person this nice and easy to talk to, be in this mental institution?" The man asked.

"People think I murdered Mr. O'Hara," she grumbled, "Charlotte did it, not me."

"I understand, my son was in the same condition as you, unfortunately he's - "

"I'm so sorry mister."

"No need to be. What are you waiting for, let's go."

           •••

Fear. That was Alexa's feeling and first impression of that place. People crying, some talking to themselves, others laughing alone, and little even locked. But, she also had a feeling of déjà vu.

"This place is scary; these people are scary; the smell is nauseating; there is almost no light; I'm literally afraid." Alexa uttered as she entered and quietly examined the place.

"Well you'll have to get used to it." A voice from behind announced.

Alexa turned then replied, "Never!" Both of them laughed. "Who are you?"

"I'm here waiting for my parents to pick me up. They told me to wait here." The girl with dark skin and beautiful nut brown eyes could have not sounded less enthusiastic.

"No I mean your name." Alexa remonstrated.

" ... I'm Tessa, but here they call me Tes with one s."

"Nice to meet you Tes, I'm Alexa."

"So what's your story?"

"They say I'm psychotic. They also say I'm a young psychopath. They think I killed Mr. O'Hara and blamed a character that I created whose name is Charlotte, but no I never did that, Charlotte murdered him. She committed homicide not me!" Puffing Alexa exclaimed.

"Please calm down or they will heavily sedate you, Alexa," Tes worried, "you see, to late, they're at the back of you."

Suddenly, Alexa just saw black.

        •••

"What do you see?" The psychiatrist asked.

"No end. A place with no end. Shadows loom. A world drenched in blood. Hell's child is coming for me!" Alexa answered the psychiatrist as she started screaming.

"Stop screaming, Alexa!"

"Implacable, unstoppable, a creature fuelled by madness and rage."

"Wake up." The psychiatrist commanded. Then, Alexa woke up and stopped screaming.

"What happened?"

"You blanked out, then we sedated you, then I ended up hypnotising you."

"Indeed!"

     •••

"You stay alone." The psychiatrist said.

"Why?" Alexa remonstrated.

"You're schizophrenic."

-------------------
Please vote ⭐️ and comment before leaving this chapter! :) Please, don't be a SILENT reader! This is British English readers! Anyone knows how to get Luke Hemmings to follow me? And the epigraphs are written in first person because... You'll know later.