6. A Sky Full Of Ghosts

"Sometimes the stars that we see in the skies are ghosts; they travelled billions and billions of years and when their light reaches to our eyes their already dead."

-Sir Frederick William Herschel

•••

Noire was very intelligent. She became passionately curious about the universe. She was very young; each time she would have an opportunity, she would look into the sky. She would always wonder about a star that would regularly twinkle at her window. She would say that god's kingdom is there and people would just laugh at her. Until one day:

"You are always fantasising miss." Sighed the teacher while giggling.

"Maybe I'm just passionately curious!"

"Well so are you going to explode when I tell you this?"

"It depends what are you going to do or say." Spoke Noire while her eyes sparkling.

"Do you remember Miss Andorynhm?" She asked. "A few weeks ago I had a small conversation with her then she told me to give you something special."

"What is it," screamed Noire.

"Do you know what's a Telescope?" Asked the teacher.

"No I don't know, what is it?" Questioned Noire.

"Well a telescope is an instrument to make distant objects appear near and with this you can stare at any star that you want," replied the teacher," I'm going to give it to you tomorrow."

"Ok, goodnight." Said Noire while her eyes were about to close.

Noire walked to her dormitory. When she finally got there, Noire didn't directly go to sleep, she was still staring at that star though she was very sleepy. So it went, she slept while staring at that distant star.

"Finally it's today that I will have a telescope!" Uttered Noire while a big smile was widening her face.

After she did all of her tasks she went downstairs to the teacher.

"Good morning little Noire, are you ready to get it now?" Smiled the teacher while talking.

"Yes I am!" Answered Noire while her eyes were sparkling as the star of Bethlehem.

Then the teacher gave Noire the telescope. After that it was time to go and study in the school of that orphanage.

Noire wasn't the smartest neither the most popular. She wasn't like other kids. She didn't have any friend. Most of the kids would make fun of her.

They would always say, "Pale skin, pale lips, ugly hair, dumb person."

Noire would never get angry or else they would be 6 feet under the ground immediately.

After school the children had to go to their dormitories and do homework or sleep until the next day.

It was already around 6 pm. The lights were supposed to be turned off exactly at 7:30pm.

Noire tried to look through the telescope. She saw wonderful things. She wondered where do this all come from. "Our world is very different from what we see in the skies. Is there any being that may be looking at us?"
•••

After she finished wondering it was already 7:24. So she decided to start sleeping but before she said good night and bye to God and to that star.

Then when she was on her bed a mysterious, bewildering, fantabulous and ravishing lustre came.

~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;)