35. The Day She Left

"I live in a world so curious, so strange."

           •••
"What are you doing here, Alexa?" Mr. O'Hara questioned in confusion.

"Electricity went off," Alexa replied. Mr. O'Hara looked at Alexa in a weird way.

"So?"

"And also I want to show Charlotte," Alexa uttered like she was psychotic.

"How many times do I have to say Alexa," Mr. O'Hara said while moving his hands, "Charlotte is a character that you created to fill your needs, it's delirium, schizophrenia, or even you're bipolar."

"She's here; want to see her?" Alexa spoke while slowly raising her soft angelic voice. Promptly, Mr. O'Hara and Alexa heard a piercing frequency coming from his closet. "Charlotte are you there?" The sound grew louder as they walked nearer.

"Alexa, what did you do?"

"Nothing Mr. O'Hara!"

"So tell me what bloody monster or even animal is hiding there!"

"Nothing!" Alexa spoke while sobbing.

As they walked to the closest, a nauseating smell came in a flash. Mr. O'Hara's nut brown eyes were unexpectedly gleaming in that dark scenario. Alexa turned to the northern side then smirked.

"She's here." Alexa simply uttered in confession. The teacher walked and opened the noisy closet. "She's behind you, sir." The teacher slowly turned his head and froze. How has he come to this point? Yet, the shadow assaulted him in front of the 13 year old.

"Alexa, call the head!" Mr. O'Hara uttered in agony. Alexa froze and smiled.

"Charlotte, you're here." The girl said as a shadow turned into a ghost with midnight black sparks flowing out of its hair; a dress as white as pearls; a piercing sound coming out of its perplexing and somehow mouth. "Charlotte, don't kill him."

"Alexa! What are you doing there? You're talking to who? Help me please."

"Yes sir." Alexa said while hurrying to get out of that dark room. Her vision couldn't see anything; it was mostly blurry red.

           •••
"We don't know anything detective." The principles and heads of the orphanage uttered as the police investigated Mr. O'Hara's body, searching for evidences. "The only witness or victim is Alexa because she has bruises." The male principle spoke as the paramedics carried Mr. O'Hara.

Meanwhile, Alexa was sent to an interrogation room.

"Miss Thompson, tell us what happened," the interrogator asked, "did you see the person responsible for this murder."

"No." She simply replied while examining the new environment.

"Confess," the detective came, "our tests reveal that you, a 13 year old, killed a poor grownup."

"You're psychotic!" The interrogator added. Alexa started sobbing as the other polices came and dragged Alexa out of that building.

"You're going to be put into a mental rehabilitation centre for children and adolescents." The detective said as he followed her.

Alexa cried all the way to the centre and imagined: how has she, a mentally stable girl come to this. Is she schizophrenic?

-------------------
Please vote ⭐️ and comment before leaving this chapter! :) Congrats to all the Watty winners. Too bad I didn't win but I assure that I won more prices than those talented writers. Fellow readers you may be thinking, "What am I doing reading this stupid book by a narcissistic author?" I am a narcissistic writer and yes this is a stupid book but eh hope you enjoyed!