32. "I'm Alexa!"

"Intuition stems from the ability to tap into wisdom and knowledge that isn't readily available for us to articulate."
                        •••

The automobile didn't take long to reach the orphanage. It happened in a flash according to Alexa's eyes.

It was a four-storey building, with old blocks and a fainted - kind of pink colour. Many flowers flourished the entrance and made it seem amicable. Daffodils were the major plants that made up the lavish garden. As it was an orphanage for children and adolescents, it had seesaws so they could play.

The clouds were becoming cumulonimbus; the morn which then turned into an afternoon, was still obnoxious; the mist grew stronger and made it seem like it was midnight.

Alexa's face turned from happy to worried. She raised her eyebrow then had a feeling of déjà vu. But then the car driver woke her up from her fantasy world.

"Thompson, this is the orphanage." The driver said while looking at the front mirror.

"I know it sir." Alexa uttered while looking at the window of the backseat.

"Ok," the driver started getting out of his seat, "let me help you." He said while opening Alexa's door.

"Thank you Mr. Driver!" Alexa said while formatting a smile.

"You're welcome, Thompson," he said while helping Alexa get out of the car, "I hope you'll have a good life."

"To you too." Alexa softly spoke. Alexa started walking to the entrance.

"Wait," the driver uttered, "what's that on your hand?"

Alexa with a surprised face turned and then said, "The hospital receptionist gave it to me."

"Ok." The driver said while carrying the luggage.

Alexa was fascinated by the orphanage. She walked with her black boots made of leather, and with her long crimson coat. She finally made it to the indoor. The driver was still following her and carrying her luggage.

"Hello young lady." A woman with a soft voice spoke.

"Hello miss, I'm Alexa!" Alexa said with a bright smile while trying to hand shake.

Promptly, the two females heard the crack of breaking glass. The woman's face turned from happy to surprised. She walked and Alexa followed her steps.

"Holy cow!" The woman exclaimed while covering her mouth with the left hand.

"What happened?" Alexa questioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Please VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT before leaving this chapter! ;) Guys! What do you think "The Woman" saw? Can anyone guess what's next? I'll update when someone comments about it.