Inches From Each Other

Reid's POV

"Come on Spence.." JJ says "Spence. Wow." I say "You don't like it anymore?" JJ asked "No it's just.. That's the first time I've heard that in months." I say "First time I've said it in months." JJ says as she moved over, opening the door more as she looks at the ground. I slowly walk in and look around. She's got a few pictures on the wall. Mainly old, yet beautiful, painting. She leans against the door as I softly walk over to the mantel looking at the one picture that caught my eye. I put my hand gently on the small picture frame. My eyes start tearing up as I look at the picture. I take my finger and whip my eyes. "Beautiful isn't it?" JJ says as I look at her smiling down at her stomach "Yeah it is." I say as I turn back to the picture "Do you know what it is?" "Not yet. By that picture they said it could be a boy but they're not sure." JJ says "I have to go back next week. 12 weeks they normally can see if it's a boy. If it's a girl it could take up to 20 weeks." She says softly. She has her ultrasound picture in a little black frame. It's the only one on the mantel. "Would you mind some company?" I asked softly, knowing she's probably say no "It's Monday next week so if you want to come you can." She says as I look at her and see her small smile "Really?" I asked as she shakes her head yes. I didn't even think before I started moving. The next thing I know I'm standing in front of her leaning down to hug her. She tenses up as I hug her which makes me pull away. "I- I'm sorry." I say "It's fine." JJ says softly. She looks up at me and I see that small spark she always had in her eyes. I look down at her lips, my breath speeding up quickly. Her lips tug into a small smile as she looks up at me then back down and stops at my lips. Reid stop it. She doesn't want to kiss you. I think to myself. But what if she does?

JJ's POV

Spence is standing in front of me. We're inches from each other's faces. He's staring down at my lips. I'm staring at his lips. JJ stop it he doesn't want to kiss you. I think as I bite my lip. He moves a little bit closer to where he's towering over me. The burning in my stomach I always got when we were this close comes back. He tilts his head as the smirk on his lips come back. He cups my cheeks and leans in. And that like that.. We kissed.