Epilogue

Hotch's POV

It's been 5 years since JJ officially left the bureau after Reid died. She still lives in Grandview. We fly out to see her when we're not on a case. She had a baby boy named Henry. She didn't want to move back after she had him because it was a long way for such a small child to go. She moved houses right after Reid died. She's taught Henry about him. Not all the things but he knows why his dad isn't around and knows who he was. Just by looking at the kid you know exactly who's kid he is. He looks just like both of them. He's got JJ's blonde hair but Reid's brown eyes. The kid is only 5 but he's got more manners then half the kids I see today. Even if he is JJ's first child, she knows what she's doing. She's teaching him right. Just how Reid would want her to. He's smart too. He already knows a lot of math and how to do everything. He's good with his hands. He loves building things! You can tell he's Reid's kid. Today is his birthday. Today is Reid's birthday too. He was born on the same day.

JJ's POV

"Henry come on you're gonna be late!" I tell upstairs "I'm coming mommy!" He says as I smile watching him come down the stairs. I stop and just look at him while I smile. "Mommy what's wrong?" Henry asked "I just- I wish your father was here to see this." I say. I look up, trying not to cry in front of him. I feel his little arms wrap around my legs making me look down and smile. "So do I." Henry says. I lean down and hug him and I whip a few tears away. "Mommy we gotta go I'll be late!" Henry says making me smile "Yes let's!" I say smiling as I stand up and reach for his hand "Mommy.." Henry says making me stop and look at him "When I get home can you.. Tell me about.. Daddy?" Henry asked "Yeah of course buddy." I say "Ok." Henry says as he walks to the door "He sounds like a pretty good guy." "Yeah. Yeah he was." I say smiling as I look down at my ring. Even though we never got the chance to get married, I still took his last name. So did Henry. Jennifer Reid and Henry Reid. Today is the first day of school, Henry's birthday and Reid's birthday. Happy Birthday Henry Spencer Reid and Spencer Andrew Reid.