Chapter 22

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

this isn't edited my so sorry i love u guys

"Melanie. How are you?" inquired the man before me, furrowing his brows.

"I'm good, how are you?" I replied hastily, a quick glance shared between Stiles and I.

"I'm alright." Stiles' father spoke suspiciously,  "Why are you guys here so late? And why are you . . . wet."

I looked down at my damp clothes, a nervous smile making its way onto my quaking features. I spoke before Stiles, in fear that he would blurt out the word Kanima or Werewolf.

"Well." I started uncertainly, turning my head towards my baffled boyfriend. "I left my. . . gym bag in the pool room at school. And, since I was already there for the lacrosse game. I thought I should just go ahead and pick it up."

Stiles then decided to add something himself, "And I went with her." he stammered. "Yeah, and then we fell."

"Into the pool." I quickly finished. It was quite possibly one of the most un-believable lies that I've ever told within the entirety of my life. Yet, nevertheless, I stuck to it. Feigning a broad smile and hoping for the best.

"So you went into the pool room, where Melanie left her bag, and then you both happened to fall." Mr. Stilinski looked at us sceptically.

I nodded violently, "Into the pool." 

"And so that leads you two here. . .why?"

"My mom is going to be working at the hospital all night tonight. And that means I'm going to be alone." I sighed, shrugging a bit, "and I don't know. I'm just a little tired of being in the house alone I guess? And, the fact that there may be a killer on the loose. I'm just kind of paranoid."

Stiles' father nodded, "So you were wondering if you could spend the night here, right?" he concluded.

I bit my lip, Stiles nodding his head vigorously. "Yeah."

His eyes trailed between the two of us, "are you two dating?"

"That we are." Stiles chuckled nervously, putting his hand to the back of his neck.

Stiles' father sighed, finally caving in, "You can stay. But only as long as Stiles takes the floor and you don't do...anything you'll...regret."

Stiles squeezed his eyes shut in embarrassment as my mouth hung slightly agape.

"I promise we won't do anything like that."

"Okay." Mr. Stilinski awkwardly shuffled passed us to get to the door, "I'll see you kids soon, call me if you need anything, Stiles."

He gave us both a warning look before he shut the door and left Stiles and I alone.

"Well, that went well."

•~•~•

Stiles and I ventured up to his room, a mere lamp lighting up the majority of the simple yet comfortable space.