Chapter 18

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

THIS IS UNEDITED i'm sorry

Last night, after the man had gotten fatefully crushed and the police arrived, Scott had to come and drive us home with his mother's car. Due to the fact that Stiles' jeep was now considered evidence.

There wasn't much questioning conversed. Stiles and I had acted pretty shaken up to get out of it. Not that we weren't, it's just that this town is now nothing short from a horror film. And we're just going to have to except that deaths will happen. And, we have to live with it until we're old enough to evacuate this town. Or, per say, die ourselves.

I was now at school, sitting alongside Scott and Stiles. Stiles, in whom was pretending to be Allison, was professing his profound adoration for the werewolf . Extremely romantic and heartfelt if you were to ask me.

"I love you more than," the pale boy shuttered, squeezing his eyes shut momentarily, ". . .oh God— I can't do this. You and Allison need to find a better way to communicate."

Scott groaned, thrusting his palms in the air dramatically, "Oh c'mon! You guys are the only ones we can trust. Melanie, will you be Allison for me?"

I laughed sarcastically, pulling out a notebook from my book bag and copying down notes I missed last class from Stiles. I was never one to pay attention, Stiles' notes are how I keep my grades in tact. "No thanks, I was enjoying that actually."

"Please Mel— wait," Scott paused clasping his palms together, "is she going to be at the game tonight?"

I switched my blue pen to a red one, now writing down steps to scientific notation and Orders of Magnitude. Something we learned in the eighth grade that we were now brushing up on. I absolutely despised math. "Yeah she is."

"Okay, okay. Enough about your love life, Scott. What's up with your boss?"

"Boss? Deaton? What's wrong with him?" I asked, raising and eyebrow.

"Nothing." He paused, looking around timidly as well as making sure nobody was listening. And, even if somebody were, they would most likely think we were a bunch of teenagers extremely interested in mythological creatures. Not that far fetched. For, I had encountered some fairly odd people within Beacon Hills High. "He just thinks Allison's family keeps a record of everything that they've hunted."

"I bet that is a long list of names." I frowned, shoving my pencil case back in my bag.

"Yeah, he said it would be like a book or something."

Stiles paused for a moment, before nodding to himself, "he probably means a bestiary."

"A what?" Scott and I questioned in sync.

"A bestiary."

Scott laughed a bit, shaking his head, "I think you mean a bestiality."

Stiles and I shared a nervous and awkward glance as we started back at the werewolf.

"No." I shook my head, "no he didn't Scott."

"It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Stiles clarified, ignoring the comment his ignorant friend had just made.

"How come I am like the only one who doesn't know any of this stuff?" Scott whined, crossing his arms.

Stiles sighed, watching me shove the remaining notebooks in my book bag as I handed his back to him, "Scott we're your friends. You're a creature of the night, it's kind of a priority of ours."

"Okay. So is it going to tell us what the heck that lizard thing is?"

Scott and Stiles spoke in sync, "We need to find that book."

•~•~•

A few minutes ago, Allison had informed Stiles that she had seen her grandfather with a large book.

Obviously, we figured that it had to be the bestiary. So, Stiles scrambled off while I stayed behind with Allison. For I was just done with running around for today.

"So, did coach mark off points to your test because you forgot the date?"

"Nope." She chuckled, "cause I didn't forget the date."

I rolled my eyes, "loser."

"You're just mad because I'm intelligent."

"Correct." I chuckled, watching the pale boy run back to us.

"W-where.....does.....h-he.....keep it."

"Probably in his office, but I-"

She didn't get to finish her sentence, for Stiles was already rushing away from her. I rolled my eyes, watching Allison nervously turn back to me.

"Might be wrong." She finished her sentence, shaking her head. I laughed, digging through my book bag and hauling out a gigantic binder.

"You know, I could break my back from dragging all of these binders around." I sighed, flipping it open, "I'd have the right to sue."

"Aw c'mon Mel, I thought you loved school." She chuckled sarcastically.

"My one true love." I giggled, beginning to write down wrong answers to my pointless homework.

"I've always hated school, but I think the day I hated it most was when I almost died in it."

"Ah, yes." I sighed dramatically, "What a great time that was."

She shrugged, "At least it was good exercise?"

Stiles then ran back up to us, heaving and panting maniacally. He then rose Scott's red inhaler to his lips, a puff sound being heard as he used it.

"You know drug dealers have been using disposable cell phones pretty successfully for like ever right?"

"My parents check every call, text, email I get." She rolled her eyes, "trust me they'd find it."

"Can you get the book?"

Allison shook her head sympathetically, "not without his keys."

"Which would be in his pocket." I dead panned, watching as they both looked at me like I was insane.

At the game tonight, he would be there as well as his keys. Allison could some how get the jacket, or even wear it for that matter, and transfer the keys to us.

"I have an idea."

•~•~•

The plan was currently in motion. Allison had gotten the coat and secretively passed Stiles the silver keys. Everything was going according to plan perfectly.

"We're one player short, Where's Stiles?" Coach yelled spastically, throwing his arms in the air.

Okay, maybe not so perfectly. Stiles better get back here quick, or things would begin to fall apart.

"Hey." Coach stopped someone. "You? "Do you play lacrosse?"

The person then stood up, revealing the familiar face of Boyd. The werewolf slipped off his jacket and flexed his large muscles. Obviously catching the eye of coach as he quickly pushed him out on the field, with no hesitation.

This was not going to be good.

My phone then buzzed, causing me to jump a bit. I sighed, yanking my phone from my pocket and reading the text message.

From: Stiles (:

I need your help finding the book, come to the school.

I shoved my device back into my petite pocket, rushing over towards the horrific prison-like exterior. 

Arriving within a few mere seconds, I wandered briskly throughout the halls in search of Stiles, as a sound came from somewhere in the eerie building.

"Stiles?" I whispered, my feet cautiously stepping forward. "Is that-"

I was cut off by a hand clamping over my mouth and clutching me firmly around the waist.
____________________
Update?