Chapter 43

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

I was currently seated on the cold metal bleachers, the small row consisting of Mr. Stilinski, Mrs. McCall, Lydia, and I. My small hands were shoved deeply into the large maroon sweatshirt, in which belonged to Stiles. My white breath visible within the dark scenery.

Mrs. McCall was fiddling with her purse. Mumbling numerous times that she was attempting to find a stick of gum. As to why, I wasn't quite sure. But, I wouldn't hesitate to give her some.

"Here." I smiled, ripping out a piece of mint mojito gum from my back pocket. "My last piece, cherish wisely."

She laughed at my statement, thanking me and accepting the mint flavored gum.

"Oh God." Mr. Stilinski spoke up, causing me to whip my head around to face him. Mrs. McCall mocking my rapid action. "Why is my son on the field?"

I rose an eyebrow, slowly turning my head and catching sight of the jersey, which held the number 24 plastered across it in white bold letters.

My mouth dropped, eyes glued onto my boyfriend tripping over his own two feet, struggling to move in all of his equipment. A huge smile soon took over my shocked expression. My hands clasping together with pure excitement.

"He's on the field?"

Mrs. McCall looked at Stiles' father, and then to me. A curious expression contorting her face. "Maybe because he's on the team?"

"Yeah...yeah my sons on the team. And he's on the field." Mr Stilinski murmured to himself, then fist pumping the air, "My son is on the field!"

Lydia, who was busy in her own world typing away on her phone, finally glanced up and shot Mr. Stilinski an odd look.

"Is he okay?" She questioned, pointing her manicured finger towards Stiles' proud, cheering, father.

I laughed, nodding slowly, "Yeah, I think he's fantastic."

Mrs. McCall sighed, staring up at the Sheriff. But, it wasn't an odd glance, it looked as if she was somehow admiring him. And, now that I'm thinking of it, they would make quite an outstanding couple."I'm guessing Stiles doesn't play much?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but Lydia had beaten me to it, "obviously not a dang day in his life."

•~•~•

It was later into the night, and things were not going very well. Coach was continuously putting people in the game, for everyone was getting killed out there. And I couldn't help but hope that the sentence didn't become any more literal than it already was.

Lydia's eyes were glued onto Jackson. A sad expression plastered about her face as she fiddled with her hands. I felt  sympathy towards her, I wish I knew exactly how she was feeling.

And sure, I've had a few breakups and numerous douchey guys have cheated on me. But they never really meant anything. Yes, at the time I thought they were great. But, now that I look back on it. I realize how stupid and oblivious I was to all the hormonal teenage boys that just wanted me for sex. Which they thankfully never received.