Chapter 42

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

I sat on my front porch. Awaiting Lydia's arrival, due to the fact that I had absolutely nobody to take me to the game.

Stiles had already arrived at the school when I texted him. Asking when he was leaving his house and if he could pick up a teenage girl who doesn't own a car on the way there. Like I had established, he explained to me that he was already present at Beacon Hills, but he would be more than happy to drive back and pick me up.

I obviously declined. Not wanting him to drive all the way back just for me. Actually, he was already climbing in his car, on his way to pick me up when I called him and said Lydia was taking me.

So here I was. Watching Lydia's dark blue car pull up to my driveway. Her absentmindedly applying strawberry chapstick to her lips as she motioned for me to get in the car.

And I followed her instructions. Plopping into the passenger seat.
But, right as I accomplished that action, I barley had time to slam the door shut before she floored it out of my house. Lydia mumbling a string of curse words as the both of us jolted forward.

"I thought you knew how to drive?" I groaned, watching as the strawberry blonde fidgeted with multiple gears to her car.

"I do! And I'm actually amazing at it, thank you." She sighed, releasing her hands from the gears and slapping her palms onto her thighs. "My mother just recently got me a new car, and it's so screwed up I don't even know how it got put up for sale. Nor why my mother even bought it in the first place."

"Thank you for informing me after I got in the car." I smiled sarcastically. "Really."

"Just buckle your seatbelt and, don't throw up on the leather please. It's new."

I rolled my eyes, clicking my seatbelt in place as I clutched onto any part of the car that looked as if it could keep me stable.

"Now, just...hold on, okay?" She groaned, placing her manicured fingertips onto a gear and cranking the life out of it, making it so we could now go forward.

It was actually somewhat hilarious watching the small and fragile strawberry blonde work the large car. It actually made her look anything but useless. And, everything that she's been through, she's trudging through it. Lydia Martin is defiantly not the girl I encountered at the beginning of the school year. She was different. In the good way of course.

I felt like a proud mother, watching my best friend that I haven't seen in forever, grow up. And I was so incredibly proud of her. Even if her car was unsafe for driving. Especially on the interstate.

Once again, the car and the two of us, jolted forward. And, surprisingly, a laugh arose from my lips as we were finally driving at a normal rate.

"You think this is funny?" Lydia questioned, glancing over at me momentarily.

"No. I think it's hilarious."

She opened her mouth to say something, but was quickly cut off by the car, and us, jolting forward again.

It wasn't long before we bursted out in laughter. The two of us in desperate need of the simple action. I felt as if I hadn't laughed in years. And it felt good. It actually felt amazing to just laugh with one of my best friends.