Chapter 28

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

I looked up astonished at the silver, gigantic, police van placed in the center of the woods.

As I shifted my gaze over to Stiles, the dead leaves cracking beneath my feet in the process. I shut my eyes momentarily and crossed my arms.

"Stiles. Are you kidding me?"

I slowly peeled my eyes open, Stiles staring sheepishly staring at me.

"It's the only way we can keep Jackson from killing people!" My boyfriend stated, spastically tossing his arms up in the process.

I scoffed, "So the plan was to lock the guy in a stolen van."

"It's not stolen." Stiles mumbled, crossing his arms as well as I and narrowing his eyes.

"Stiles. What if your dad finds out about this?" I groaned, now thinking of the worst possible outcomes, "And I'm exhausted, and my mom is finally home tonight. I haven't seen her in ages."

The pale boy gave me a sympathetic look, letting his limp arms fall. He walked over to where I was, wrapping me in one of his famous warm hugs.

"I'll take you home. You're right, you shouldn't be out here." He muttered into my hair, causing me to take a deep breath in and shake my head slowly. He rose an eye-brow, watching as I pulled away.

"No. No I'm staying out here. I need to help my friend–or acquaintance for that matter." I sighed, licking my dry lips hesitantly, "We need all the help we can get."

Stiles was about to interrupt, yet Scott had quickly beaten him to it. "She's right. We need the help, Stiles. We can't do this without her."

Stiles sighed, clearly taking his statement into consideration as he turned his attention to me, "Are you sure you're okay, Melanie? And don't lie to me, because I'm not accepting some sh-"

"Stiles. I'll be fine, alright? Now let's just move this along so Jackson doesn't kill us–"

"I'm gonna kill you guys!" A voice echoes throughout the woods, the source coming from the silver van.

"You keep watch on Godzilla, I need to call my mom really quick."

Both boys have me a sympathetic look, Scott carrying on to the van while Stiles stayed frowning.

"I'll be fine." I chuckled, yanking my phone out of my pocket and walking a bit further away from the van. Basically praying that Scott didn't use his supernatural hearing and listen in on the depressing conversation that was about to take place.

I dialled my mother's number, bringing the phone to my ear and sighing nervously.

"Honey, I was getting worried." My mother laughed from the other line of the phone. "I can't wait to see you."

I bit my lip, ignoring the excruciating dropping of my heart. "Hey mom. I'm really sorry, I won't be home till a lot later tonight. I-uh-I have to finish a really important school project with Lydia."