Chapter 39

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

The whole thing I had just hallucinated, some of it had happened. I was at this party with the swim team at the Lahey's house, why? I honesty can't really remember. But I do think it was because they were our neighbors and my mother had forced me to ask for some vegetable oil.

I do remember Isaac's father, also known as the coach for the swim team, telling me he would look for some and that I should go to the back and hang out by the pool. Mainly because Isaac was there and supposedly Matt.

So, I did. I wandered to the back just in time for someone to be hoisted up by a group of boys. And, I was awfully curious. So I squeezed my way through the boys and saw Matt, yelling for help.

His hand had latched onto my arm and I was screaming for him to let go, but he wouldn't. Next thing you know the two of us are in the water and Matt is dragging me down to the bottom of the pool. He was screaming at me underwater, and I could obviously barley make out the words. But I do recall him telling me to help him, and asking why I wasn't doing anything.

But, thankfully Isaac's father yanked us up from underneath the water. And the two of us were coughing and wheezing erratically, Mr, Lahey screaming at Matt because he thought it was downright pointless that he couldn't swim.

Afterwards, Matt and I got into a little argument. Me insulting him about how stupid it was that he couldn't swim before running back to my house. Without the vegetable oil I may add. I do believe that I was awful to say that, I mean it probably isn't even his fault that he can't swim. But, I have a feeling he hasn't gotten over it.

"Hey." A voice stated behind us, "Is she okay?"

"I'm fine." I repeated from before, turning around and smiling slightly at Scott.

"Good, because Lydia's gone." The werewolf groaned dramatically, crossing his arms.

"She's gone? Where could she have–"

"Help, Help! I can't swim!"

The three of us both shot our heads to the drowning boy last seen in my dream-like flash-back, bubbles surrounding his flailing body as his cries echoed throughout Lydia's backyard.

Before the three of us darted towards the pool, Jackson had magically appeared. Extending his arm into the icy water, pulling the suspicious boy out from the pool. Then, as if on cue, the both of them tilted their heads in sync to where we were. Glaring at the three of us.

"Guys." I murmured, "I think–"

"The police are here! Party's over!" Someone screamed, sending a mob of drunk teenagers, and drag queens, into a somewhat frantic mob. Attempting to find anywhere they possibly could to escape this party.

Stiles grabbed my hand, leading me out the door and to the front yard along with Scott. But, something had caught my eye, and I dragged the two teenage boys backwards a bit. Just enough to witness the one and only Matt standing in the center of the road, the Kanima knelt at his feet, its tail swirling throughout his legs disturbingly.

It was Matt. Matt was the Kanima's guardian.

•~•~•