Chapter 32

((Sorry for how boring the two previous chapters have been))

Jake slams the door shut, the vibrations of it hitting the door hinges, ride up my back.

Ashton sighs deeply, turning to face me with a look of caution etched on his perfect features.

I can feel my cheeks inflaming red. This is an awful situation.

"I need to go" I whisper, wiggling a little beneath Ashton. He moves slightly so I can get up.

The moment is well and truly gone. It's been completely trampled on.

"Don't go" he sighs, grasping my palm tightly. The tingles start to radiate up through my body at his touch.

A wave of anger and confusion overwhelms me. Why isn't he with Lori right now? Why the hell did he kiss me if he still has a girlfriend? How the fuck did I let him do this to me?

It's his touch. It blinds me momentarily. It distorts my thoughts, making reality seem uncertain.

"I really need to go." I flex my fingers in his hand; desperate for him to release me- to halt the wonderful buzzes. I just can't think straight when he's near me.

"No, you don't. Stay with me- please?"

I shake my head in utter desperation. I'd happily stay here, and let him touch me with those amazing lips again. But I can't be that weak- and give in that easily. He's a complete tosser remember?

He'll probably ring Lori up right afterwards for a quick shag.

"This isn't going to work. It was a big mistake what we just did. Forget it ever happened ok?"

With that I rag my palm from within his- and walk over to the door.

"What? It was amazing, what do you mean it was a mistake?" he says coldly, his voice rising in confusion.

"That's just the point Ashton, It was amazing- so amazing that I'm starting to grow feelings for you." I finally speak the words that have plagued my mind for so long now.

He doesn't answer- he just stares.

I feel completely embarrassed. I've just said that I basically have feelings for him, and he's just going to sit there and ignore me. What a jerk.

"You can complete the rest of the assignment" I mutter before slamming the door behind me.

~~~~~

I go in search of Jake, he seemed pretty upset over something- I wonder what.

Nearing closer to his bedroom, the deep thump of music vibrates through the old wooden flooring.

The music grows louder the closer I get to Jakes room, so loud that I have to put my hands over my ears to protect them.

Pushing the ajar door further open, I spot Jake on the floor. He's doing push-ups.

Why the hell is he doing push-ups in this loud noise?

He's doing them extremely violently, almost like he's trying to get rid of anger.

"Err, Jake?" I call, watching as his glimmering naked back tenses at my voice. He pushes himself up swiftly, sweat trickling deliciously down his broad chest.

"Hey, what's up?" he asks solemnly, turning the raging volume down on his speakers.

"I just wanted to see if you're ok" I murmur, only now realising that he walked in on my and Ashton. How embarrassing.

"I'm fine." he states, lifting a bottle of water to his lips.

"I can see that" I laugh sarcastically, watching as he tosses the now empty bottle into his bin.