Chapter 10

Waking up to find an elderly woman staring questionably down at you, is not the first thing you want to be greeted with on a morning.

I had awoken at around 11 o'clock the following morning of Coles party sprawled across a random sofa, in the middle of a reception. It had taken me and my stunned brain 5 minutes to gather enough information to actually begin to understand where I was.

That was until an elderly woman shoved a glass of water down my throat, following with a huge tablet.

"Here take this." She mumbles, pushing a huge pill into my gaping mouth.

I hesitantly swallow, watching as the unknown woman makes a job of collecting my discarded clothing from the floor.

"What was that?" I croak, the heavy force of gravity hitting my banging head as I slowly sit up.

"A pill" she grumbles, shaking her head as she finds my second heel at the other end of the room.

"A pill for what?" I question, gently massaging my temples with my hands.

"A pill to stop you from getting pregnant" she spits " god knows what would happen if you got pregnant at this age."

I splutter in surprise, where on earth did SHE get a pill to stop me from getting pregnant..she looks like she's about 90!

"Where am I?" I ask, bending to pull one of my heels onto my feet.

She laughs, before slowly waddling over to me. "Your in your dorm block." She states, holding my left heel out to me.

I gently take it from her wrinkled hand, before shoving it onto my left foot.

Okay, so I'm not massively screwed...I did make it home last night.

But how?

"Shit, what time is it?" I wail, jumping to my feet in a fluster.

I was supposed to be working today!

He woman's face screws up in disgust at my vulgar language, causing an apologetic smile to creep onto my face. She shakes her head before glancing at her watch, "it's half 10"

Shit shit shit!!

Gasping in utter shock, I break out into a sprint- nearly pushing the old woman onto her back.

I take the stairs 2 at a time, until I eventually reach the top floor. Hurling myself down the never ending corridor, I practically throw my body weight onto the mahogany door frame, in a vague attempt to wake a sleeping Livy.

No answer.

I frantically slam my fist against the door, in time to my thumping headache.

Still no answer.

She must be fast asleep, because the way in which I'm knocking I'm surprised the whole campus isn't awake.

My thoughts seem to be agreed when at least 3 people exit their own rooms to find out what all of the commotion is. Turning, I notice a girl only a few rooms away from me- standing there in only a vest and shorts, she watches me intently; giggling once or twice to her self, at my hysteria.

Sighing heavily, I turn my body around until I'm completely facing the ginger haired girl. She looks me up and down, before tucking her wild locks behind her ears.

"Do you need any help?" She asks, placing her hand on her hip.

Her crisp Australian accent clear in her voice.

"Yes I could, that is if you're willing to help" I reply, pulling the hem of my creased dress down.

Her eyes widen at my accent, I'm guessing she assumed I was American.