Chapter 25

I find my name card on one of the many finely decorated tables, located within the biggest gazebo tent I've ever encountered before.

I chuckle humourlessly as I note that Jake is sitting to my left and Ashton to my right.

Checking around me, I pick Ashton's card up and move it to the over side of the huge round table. There must be spaces for at least 10 people!

I glance at the other name cards, Lori is one of them, and Ellie, but the rest I've never heard of.

I also pick Lori's card up and move it next to Ashton's, far far away from me.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ellie's voice asks cockily, she seats herself down at her designated spot- picking up her spoon to admire herself.

"Just some rearranging" I flip casually. Sitting myself down at my spot.

Ellie nods, before waving at Jake, as he weaves in between tables towards us. Girls physically drool at him as he passes, he gives them each a dazzling smile- which I've noticed he only reserves for women.

"Ladies" he coos, kissing me twice on my cheek before doing the same to Ellie.

Ellie giggles like a little school girl, and I just hum in acknowledgement.

He sits down next to me, and before long there are many people sat around our cosy table.

"My name is Oliver, and this is my twin brother George." a young looking boy says politely, his British accent crisp and clear.

He seats himself down with the upmost delicacy.

"Hi Oliver and George, I'm Daisey and this is my older sister Ellie" I nod towards Ellie who extends her hand politely.

"Oh, you're English?" he quips, releasing Ellie's hand before taking mine.

"Yes, we're from Chelsea" I add, taking his petite hand and giving it a gentle shake.

Jake chuckles at me lightly, throwing me a boyish grin.

"We're from Oxford, we moved here two years ago with our parents. We still both attend Oxford University however."

We continue to chat lightly between meals, Jake sometimes inputting comments here and there. Ashton sits silently across from me, Lori rambling on about something- but his attention seems to be focused on me.

It's hard to seem unbothered when someone is staring right at you.

"Excuse me? Excuse me?" a woman's voice booms through a microphone- halting everyone's conversation.

Standing in a long red gown is Ashton's mother, her pale face looks more rosier than when I first met her. She also doesn't look as thin and gaunt.

"So, as you all know, I put together this evening to help raise money and awareness for a disease which is close to my heart."

She stands on top of a well decorated stage. A band is situated behind her, each member wearing a fake smile.

The entire gazebo is silent. The only noise being the rustling of leaves.

Jake leans into me, "I'm warning you now, she's going to ask you to come up on stage with her."

My eyes bulge.

"What? Why?" I stammer, searching Jakes eyes for any potential joke he's pulling.

He looks unsteady at me, like I'm going to do a runner or something.

"Now, with the help of a certain guest I think we can all achieve the expected money raised for tonight. Can Daisey O'donnell please make her way to the stage?"