...One...

Maybe it was the way she looked at me. Or maybe it was just the fact that her eyes had this icy light blue color. Actually, her eyes were so light that I knew immediately that it wasn't her natural eye color. It couldn't be. She was pretty though, gorgeous actually.

'Shes probably wearing contacts.' Was the first thing that went through my mind.

It was creeping me out a bit, even though it was halloween and I was literally working at the oh so amazing Mc Donald's.

She smiled.

My first instinct was to look around to see the person she was smiling at. But of course there was no one standing behind me or what so ever.

Please don't stand in my line, I dont want any trouble...

But yeah, of course she did.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked, my voice neutral as I tried not to look into those eyes.

"I don't really know yet." She said. I looked up from the ordering screen on the computer system in front of me and stared right into her eyes.

"Take your time." I said, smiling at her. "Cool contacts." 

She smiled back at me, her teeth white, even in comparison to those cold, icy eyes.

"Thanks." She mumbled, still looking at me.

"Actually." She continued. "I know what I want." She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. Her long, curly, blonde hair was brushing against her own shoulders when she moved her head to the side to see if anyone could hear us.

I smiled at her, signaling her to continue her order. It wasn't busy in the restaurant, but I didn't want my boss to think I was flirting with this girl or whatever.

She leaned closer to me, her hands placed on the counter as she whispered: "You."

I was taken aback by her direct approach, slightly stepping backwards, looking away from her. Her eyes seemed to draw me back to them however, as I looked into them again only a few seconds later.

"When is your shift ending?" She asked, leaning her elbows on the counter, her chin on her hands. She was smiling at me widely, probably entertained by my reaction.

"I don't even know you." I said awkwardly, trying to laugh the whole situation away as I let out a nervous giggle.

"So?" She asked. 

"So.." I started. "So I cant just go out with you or whatever you want." I mumbled, still looking into her eyes. She doesn't answer but just smiles at me.

"Its scary." I said, trying to explain myself.

"I know where you go to school. I know you. That makes it like 50 percent less scary." She answered quickly, her eyes amused now.

"Okay no." I laughed. "You just made it 50 percent scarier."

We shared a bit of laughter together.

"When is your shift ending?" She asked me again, her face a little more serious now, her smile still present but just smaller. I let out a sigh but kept on smiling at her.

"In like half an hour." I said, giving in. She let out a high squeak, jumped happily and said: "Okay, ill just wait here."

Shes kinda... cute.

She walked over to the corner of the almost empty Mc Donald's restaurant and sat down at a table there. I finished my shift half an hour later, went into the back to put my normal clothes on and walked into the restaurant, normally dressed now in a grey shirt with a leather jacket over it, plus some dark blue skinny jeans.