...Twenty...

"Tay?"

"Mhm?"

"Where exactly is this uhmm.. cloudy river thing?" I ask as I jog up beside the girl. She has been walking in front of us the entire time and seems to be avoiding any contact with us as much as she can.

"Its not in this country." She says. My eyes open wide at the news. I guess I had just hoped this stupid river would be like.. closer to where we are now. We are still on our way to my truck from Cara's cabin. "Its hidden somewhere in a forest in Tanody."

"Tanody!?" I say, a little too loud as I hear Cara start swearing.

"Fucking Tanody, I fucking knew it." I hear her mumble angrily.

"Well, don't join then." Taylor snaps at the vampire, turning around and looking at her with angry, blue eyes. She walks backwards and watches the vampire with a death glare on her face. Cara just sighs as Selena answers for her: "Of course we will come with you, silly." She says, trying to be the positive one of all of us.

Taylor huffs and turns around again. I watch how she looks ahead of her, annoyance and anger the only words to describe her demeanour now. The blonde angrily pulls her hood over her head, her half long hair sticking out from underneath it. 

"What are you looking at?" She hisses, staring into my eyes then. Were still walking in a fast pace, I hadn't seen that root on the ground before my foot bumped against and got stuck behind. I feel myself falling towards the ground, since I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking but I was looking at her instead.

I feel a tight grip around my arm then, holding me up. I look to my side again, its her. I stand up straight, look into her eyes again and I swear I see a tiny, little smile playing on her face. I smile back at her. Our small moment only lasts for a couple of seconds before her smile turns into a frown and she looks away from me again. I look behind me and see two creatures smiling at me, its Selena and Cara, they also saw our little exchange of smiles.

When I look to my side again, I notice Taylor is already ahead of us again. I smile and walk up next to the girl again.

"Planning on doing this on your own or what?" I ask, an eyebrow raised as I speak to her. She doesn't look at me however and says: "Well, Its probably faster, since you guys are the slowest mythical creatures ever." I know she isn't joking and so I stop talking with her and just continue to walk through the cold, dark looking forest.

I start thinking back to how I had even met this girl five years ago, in that stupid Mc Donalds. She was so confident then, asking me to come with her like that, an ever present smirk on her face. 'Gosh, we were so young.' I think as I nudge Taylor's shoulder a bit later.

"Remember that night where I.. kissed you for the first time?" I ask the blonde, hoping she will remember it in a.. positive and good way.

Her eyes shoot up to meet mine. "Of course I do." She says. "My memories are the only thing where I still do feel love for you." Its scan her face. She looks extremely sad now. Her emotions seeming to change every second. "Its the only place where I can still remember how much I loved you."

"Love." I say, correcting her.

"What?" She asks. I lock eyes with her again.

"You said 'loved'." I say. "But it is 'love', present tense."

She stops walking then, looking me in my eyes with a curious expression on her face.

"Why do you do that?" She asks, tears forming in her eyes. I have no idea what she is talking about. Cara and Selena stand still too, somewhere behind us and watch our exchange both with raised eyebrows.

"Why do I do what?" I ask the blonde wolf-girl.

"You havent seen me for what? Five years. And you.. you love me.. even though I told you I don't love you anymore. Like.. I only love you in my memories Karlie. I.. I hate you. You know I hate you." Taylor stutters while making big gestures with her arms and hands. "Why do you still love me?!" She asks, raising her voice. There are tears running down her face now and she just looks.. lost.