Chapter 1

As I looked out the window to the house across the street and the moving truck in front of it. 
       How could my best friend leave me to live in nice warm Florida while I sit here freezing in Canada?

"Well I should go meet the new neighbors," I whisper to Evita my German shepherd puppy. She turns her head in confusion. I guess she hasn't got used to people talking to her.

"Mom!! I'm going to meet the new neighbors!!" I screamed up at my mother.

"Ok, be safe!"

I look across the street before crossing even though it's useless because no cars ever come down our street, but better safe than sorry. As I cross the road I hear a beautiful voice whisper with the wind.

"I don't even know your name. A thousand memories whisper on the wind," the voice sings out.

The voice sounds like something I've heard before. But from where? It's  most likely  just someone on YouTube doing a cover that I remember watching.

By the time I get to the house across the street the voice has stopped and I hear the front door open.

"Hi! I'm Shawn. It's really nice to meet you! What's your name?" The boy, Shawn said.

"Hi, I'm Avery! It's nice to meet you," I said, "Was that you singing a minute ago? It was really good!"

"Yeah. That was me, singing is one of my hobbies."

"Oh! It was really good! I feel like I've heard your voice before. Have you done any YouTube covers?" I asked him.

"Maybe a few but I mostly use Vine. I've posted a few videos of me singing on there," said the singing guy.

"Oh. What's your vine? I'll look at some of your videos,if that's ok with you."

"It's Shawn Mendes"

"Like Shawn Mendes? Like with the Mendes Army?"

"Yes,that one." Replied Shawn Mendes.

Right after that my phone buzzes and I take it out and check who the text is from. It's from my mom telling me to come home.

"Avery, could you help me get to my classes on Monday?" Shawn asked nervously.

"Yep! Well I have to go. Bye!" I say sadly! I just meet my man crush Monday and I can't stay and talk to him.

"Oh one more thing! Here's my number. I'll see you later!" Shawn says.

(A/n sorry if this chapter is short and not very interesting, I promise they will get better. Also I don't know if that's actual his vine I don't have vine so.)