Introduction

The morning was beautiful. The birds were singing in such an inoffensive matter, such a peaceful rhythm that soothed my ears. It was 7:45 AM, and I was getting ready for school. It was also Friday, and I was excited for the amazing weekend coming up. My name is Harry, and I am 13. I love to do many things in life - participate in events, read stories, listen to music, all of the above. I, however, stopped concentrating on those hobbies when I realized I had been crushing on my best friend. Her name was Linda, and I couldn't possibly ask for anything better. She is amazing, determined, and she loves to draw & create art. It's so calming knowing someone who has a grip at their goals, just like me. I love her for all her values and disadvantages, but I don't feel like she feels the same for me..

After getting dressed, I began to head towards the kitchen. I could smell my delicious breakfast calling my dear name from the kitchen. It's almost as if the smell was pulling me towards the kitchen, and I gladly headed towards it. "Good morning, son. Hope you had a good rest, and hope you enjoy your day!" My dad was getting ready to go to work, and took his breakfast sandwich with him. "I didn't have time to cook you eggs, so today how about some bacon and fries?" my father explained. "I'm fine with anything, dad. Tomorrow we can have perhaps a tastier meal!" I proudly told him. He smiled, waved at me, and left for work. I began to eat my bacon - it was pretty crunchy and flavoring. I wasn't upset that I didn't get to have my delicious scrambled eggs, because my dad had taken the time and effort to cook me a meal. I quickly ate my breakfast, grabbed my backpack, and opened the front door. I took a deep breath, and happily made my way out of the door.

As I walked to school, I remembered about Linda. Her glamorous eyes, her amazing smile, her soothing voice, it was just so relaxing knowing that I would see her today. I have Linda in three of my classes - first, third, and fourth period. I could just imagine the way we would glare at each other, the butterflies that would invade my stomach. I was already making plans in asking her out, but I just need to make sure that we're comfortable. Linda has been my best friend since elementary school, and our bond is pretty amazingly strong. A bond that I was sure could never be broken by anything or anyone, to be exact. But of course, that was just my perspective.

I arrived to the cafeteria to see if I could find her. She ate breakfast in school because in her home they rarely had enough money for breakfast, and the most breakfast she's ever had is what I had this morning. Her family is poor, which saddens me entirely. I hope one day my rich father can support this poor family, because not only would I support my future wife, but her family would have amazing opportunities open up to them. After a 4 minute search, I finally spotted her. She was eating with her friends, and just by looking at her I knew that she was in a great mood, which set me in a positive mood. Some days we just weren't feeling it - today wouldn't be one of those days, I assured myself. "Hi Linda!" I yelled. "Harry! Come here!" she yelled back. I approached her pretty quickly, without even noticing it. "I don't have my I.D. card, so I couldn't get breakfast. All I ate this morning was toast." she explained. "You could just get straight to the point and ask me for breakfast, you know. I know how hard it is for you to start your day off with an empty stomach." I replied. She smiled at me, and I made my way to the lunch line, knowing that I had just done her a huge favor. This wouldn't be my first time, or my last time I did this.