Danger Seeps In..

I woke up at 9:32 AM. I felt pretty droopy for sleeping late last night, but thinking about what was going to happen today boosted my mood. I glanced at the flower vase sitting on my wooden desk, and I smiled as I felt a rush of calmness go through me. I reached for my phone and turned on the screen. The screen refused to turn on. I shrieked in horror. I had forgotten to charge my phone for the entire night! It was so disappointing, so upsetting, so unacceptable! But I didn't let that ruin my day. I changed and decided to head to the kitchen to grab some breakfast and visit Linda's house instead, since I couldn't text her. I opened my freezer and saw a box of waffles. I opened the box and grabbed some tasty chocolate chip waffles and set two in the toaster. The smell of the waffles toasting was charming. "Morning son!" I jumped. "You scared me dad!!" I shrieked. "Whoops, sorry son. You know, you could just wait for me to cook us all something right?" he replied. "Dad, I want to go visit Linda's house today." He gave me a strange look. "Sit down son." he demanded. I became afraid, so I sat down and watched him slowly sit down. Something wasn't right.

"Do you have any idea on what's been going out there, as we speak?" my dad explained. "No dad.. No, I don't. Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked. "Something very wrong. Have you seen the news?" my dad asked. "No, I haven't. I just got up, dad!" I explained. "Well, it was reported that four people were found murdered in an alleyway by the gas station today at 4:00 AM." he explained. "Okay..? Do you think I'm going to join them or something?" I asked in a harsh manner. "It is suspected that a new gang is starting to form in the very depths of this city." he explained. "I don't want you to go out there when you can just see Linda on Monday." It's as if my happiness was slowly depleting as the day went on.  I didn't know how to react - it was all just so sudden. "Dad, why don't you just take me?" I asked hesitantly, hoping I would get a positive answer."OK, I'll take you, but your going to have to come home when I tell you to." he explained. I never thought I would eventually have to use his words.

We arrived at her home. There it was, old and rusty, with the same decorations and the dead grass. The house had orange paint peeling off of its sides and the walls were grotesque. The outside was very uninviting, but the inside was a paradise. "I'll pick you up at 5:30 PM, I hope this was worth showing up uninvited." he declared. I nodded and stepped out of the car. I climbed the two rusty wooden steps and rang the doorbell. My father waited there for me. I stood there, waiting patiently for a few minutes, then I rang the doorbell again. This time, I rung it twice. I stood there, once again, patiently waiting. My father lowered his window. "Maybe they're not home? Let's just go home." I didn't want to go back home, not like this. Then I suddenly remembered about something terrifying. I had left the sunflower at home! I guess that crazy talk about the new gang distracted me! "Dad, I forgot the sunflower too! Let's just come back later." I explained. Suddenly, I saw a bush in the house in front of Linda's house move. The bush rattled, and I could see what appeared to be a person. I started to slowly walk towards my dad's car, when all of a sudden, there was a flash.