Me, You, And Them

Weeks went by. I would go and visit my mother every now and then, and visit the movement to see if I could help around by organizing & printing posters or other assignments I was told to do, such as sweeping and advertising. Linda, Brad, and I were a pretty successful group in the movement. We were able to receive more members by advertising around me and Linda's school, and the movement was becoming even more powerful. Eventually, my mother came out of the hospital and wanted to help out on the movement, so she became a member and helped around. She stayed in Linda's house with me until we were finally ready to return home. "Ready, Harry?" my mother asked. "Yea, mom! I have all my bags packed and I'm ready!" I replied. Linda helped carry some of my bags to her car. "Oh, and by the way, I left an empty flower vase in my room. The sunflower used to go in there. Do me a favor and pour some water in the vase and return the sunflower to its 'home', and trust me, it will create a beautiful decoration in your room." I explained. "Oh, thanks Harry!" Linda exclaimed. We entered her car and began driving on our way to my home. We took the same path I took when I would walk home from school.. It was terrifying. Eventually, we reached my house and there was my house, with 'Caution' duct tape pole lines surrounding the place. The window was now repaired, because someone had anonymously sent money for the house to be repaired. I said goodbye to Linda and her mother, and me & my mother got out of the car with our bags. "There's our home, still standing strong & tall." she explained. "Yea mom, you're right." I replied. I took a deep breath, tore the 'Caution' tape, and walked to the doorway.

We entered the house. It was quiet, deserted, even dusty. We walked towards the bedroom it all happened in. The blood was gone, and no one was left on the scene. The bed was made, and the closet was wide open, with all the clothes missing. "Gosh darnit, someone stole our clothes!" my mother exclaimed. "I had the feeling someone in particular was going to take advantage." I replied. My mother turned to me and looked into my eyes with a promising expression. "Tomorrow is your father's funeral. It will be a pretty rough day, but we have tuxedos stored in the garage from your grandma's funeral a year ago." my mother explained. I had remembered. My father was finally going to have his funeral, but I knew that I would possibly cry out an ocean of tears. However, I knew that deep inside, my father wouldn't want us to be crying. He was ready, for some reason. I still haven't found out how or why, but I hope I do eventually.

Eventually, it reached night. I was laying in my bed, texting Linda about squirrels and blossoms, once again, having a really random conversation. I had my phone next to me, and I was afraid to fall back asleep. I didn't allow this to affect me, however, so I texted Linda a goodbye and I closed my eyes. Tomorrow is going to be a big day, I thought to myself. I figured that some of the staff members from the Shattered Eyes's movement would attend the funeral, and obviously Linda & her mother. I thought about what my father had said before passing away. He said I was a light, a freaking light. What did he mean by that? I still hadn't asked my mother about what she meant when I gave her a visit in the hospital for the first time, but I'm pretty sure tomorrow I'd receive all the answers I could. I glanced at the clock, it was 11:23 PM. I closed my eyes, laid on my side, and went to sleep.