Teamwork

As I put on my tuxedo, I thought about Linda and I's future. It was going to be full of happiness and pure fun, and I was sure about it. Shattered Eyes was not going to get in the way between me and what I want to do. I won't allow it. I put on my tie carefully, and had some issues tightening it, but eventually it fit perfectly. "Ready, Harry?" my mother asked from the other bathroom. "On my way, mom!" I replied, loudly. I combed my hair a bit more, and my hair naturally gets messy, so combing it was a pain. Eventually, my hair looked fine, and I walked to the door. My mother was waiting for me, and she had the keys to our car that had started it all. "Let's go, Harry." she demanded. I nodded to her and walked outside the house, and I walked to the car. The tuxedo felt a bit uncomfortable, but this was for my father, for my mother, and for me. We got in the car, and I put on the seat belt. I remembered when my injured ear had been scraped by the belt, but it was healed now. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and remembered that my father's words.

Many people attended the funeral. I stood next to my mother and Linda, and we stared at the coffin my father was in. Some members from the movement were here, such as Patricia and Brad. We listened to the speech we would always have to hear, and of course, the emotional moments came. My father was gone, but not forgotten. I would never forget those words of wisdom and power he told me, and it would be something hard to forget. Eventually, the funeral was finally officially over, and me and my mother needed plenty of tissues. We stood around until everyone left. It was just me, my mother, Linda, Linda's mother, Patricia, & Brad. Everyone else was gone. Someone put a hand on my shoulder as I cried, and I turned around. It was Patricia. She smiled, and I saw she wanted to ask something. "Harry, just across the street there's a little store I can show you. It's right next to that alley." Patricia explained. My mother allowed me to go with her, and Brad & Linda also came with me. Linda's mother stayed with my mother to try to comfort her, and I was trying to stop tearing up, so I held Linda's hand tightly as we walked to the shop. In the alley, however, something caught my attention. There was a homeless man, sitting there, counting only coins. I assumed they were the only money he was able to get today, so I walked over to him. Everyone else followed me, confused.

"Sir, is that all the money you've collected today?" I asked him. He glanced up and looked upset. "Indeed.. but, it's okay.." he muttered. Patricia took out a $20 bill from her pocket and handed it to the man. He looked up, tearing up of happiness. "You are all wonderful people for stopping by.. Look.. there's another homeless man over there, but he hasn't come out from his little tent ever since I left this morning, I only came back a few minutes ago. Can you please give him some too?" he asked, with a depressed tone. "God bless you, sir." Linda told the homeless man. He smiled, and we began walking towards the alley. Suddenly, four men with hoodies popped out from the front of us, and three came from the back. We were trapped.