Escape

"So it was you.. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.." Carol muttered. I couldn't speak. I turned to Linda to make sure she was still behind me. "We were going to find out either way.." I muttered. "You just made us find out the hard way."  George stared at me carefully, observing my movement of my lips. He let his guards down and he slid his pocket knife back into safety. He put it into his pocket and changed his face expression into a much more calming look. "We're sorry.." he said, softly. "We are in desperate need of money.. so we had to photograph your car so we could send it to-" Suddenly, sirens in the distance were heard. I looked over to where I had seen the pedestrian. She was gone, but I had clearly remembered that thumbs up she gave me. "LET'S GO!" Carol shrieked. She grabbed George and pushed him towards the same path they had gotten through. They ran at full speed, and we stood there, frozen. Suddenly, I shook. "Guys! The police on our way!" I yelled. I turned to Linda. "Throw that shovel on the floor or they'll think you're trying to harm us!" I commanded. She instantly threw the shovel on the floor, and my dad grabbed my shoulder. "We've gotten ourselves into a pretty big mess, you know that right?" he insisted. I slowly turned to him. "I guess we did.." I replied. "We?" he asked. I didn't even get the chance to reply. Red and blue lights were approaching us quickly, so many of them I lost track.

We froze as the police closed in on us from both sides. Linda's mom came out of her house quickly. "What in the world is going on here!?!?!" she shrieked. I slowly turned to her, but was interrupted by an officer's voice. "What's going on here? We received a call that a young girl & a young boy were attempting to harm you three." he asked. He saw the shovel on the floor. I began shaking hard. "They ran off." my dad replied. "They ran off that way." He pointed towards the direction. "Are any of you hurt?" the officer asked. My dad gave me a look that urged me to speak. "Y-Yea.. A bit shaken, but we're fine." I replied. "How about you?" the officer asked Linda. "I'm fine. I had this shovel because I thought I would need it if they tried to hurt us." Linda replied. Soon, officers were speaking on the radios on their vehicles, and we stepped into Linda's house to be interviewed by them. I was petrified.

A week passed after the incident. Carol and George were being searched for, and we were told to remain calm and report any further notice to the authorities immediately. I found myself in my room, doing my homework for school and texting Linda. We texted back and forth about how weird today was at school, as there were people who had come to school dressed as quadruplets. It was odd, but it was hilarious. "Hey! Harry! Come here real quick!" my father yelled. I got up from my chair and headed towards the living room quickly. "Look at this." he signaled to the television. "Shattered Eyes has also become larger and more powerful, authorities warn. They are not a large concern yet, but it's definitely important to watch out for these crooks, who might end up in your doorstep any time. It is reported that they have claimed to be running short on money and equipment, and they'll probably attack, but their threats have not been taken too seriously. If you have any information on Shattered Eyes, please report it to your nearest police station immediately." the news reporter explained.  "Odd." said my mother behind me. "Do you think there's some kind of connection between the Carol and George stuff & Shattered Eyes?" my dad asked. "Perhaps, dad. I wouldn't want to think that, though." I replied. "Gotta' keep our eyes open & guards deployed." my dad muttered. "Right, dad. Right.." I said to him, softly. I mean, it's possible, but it's very unlikely, I thought to myself.