Chapter seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

~Lily's POV~

When I woke up at 10:23 AM I realized how tired I had been. I never get that good of sleeps on weekdays, and with all the surprise and hurried contemplation of the events of that week I was pretty worn out. I had slept from about 7:30 to 10:23, which, according to my daily nap schedule (it was currently zero) this was an amazingly long one.

That day was pretty average. I wrote stories on my laptop, (attempted) to play with my cat Buster and went for a walk.

That evening, however, was a little more than average.

Ring ring ring.

I hurried to pick up my phone on my bedside table. The caller ID was blank.

"Hello?"

"Hey,"

It was Jacob.

"Oh! Hi Jacob!"

"Hi, um I was wondering if you wanted to come over this evening or tomorrow or something?"

"Um..."

"It's okay if it can't work out," Jacob said apologetically. " I just want to talk to you."

"Oh no, I'm sure it would be fine," I replied. "How about tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that would be great!"

************************************

I hopped into my car on Sunday afternoon, wondering wether it was a good idea to be seeing him. Although we had had several spontaneous make out sessions, I really didn't know him all that well.

Well here goes, I thought, bringing up the address Jacob had emailed me.

Soon I was standing on his front porch, nocking on his door.

"Hey," he said when he opened it.

"Hi,"

"Come in," he led me to his room and we sat down on his bed.

"Um," I said "I've been wondering...you said your family are sorcerers and stuff, well do you have any powers?"

Jacob sighed.

"Yeah,"

He looked at a vase on his bedside table and I noticed a firmness in his glare.

To my amazement, the water suddenly rose from the vase, twisting and shaping itself into a ball that floated in the air.

My eyes widened.

"That's my power," Jacob said, not smiling. "I'm a water user,"

"Like in the last air bender?" I asked.

"Many of us believe that that story was created because of a legend of our existence. It is very close but it still has many flaws. For example, Emberclan are indeed the bad guys, but they can do much more than just move fire,"

Jacobs face darkened.

"But lets not talk about this anymore,"

The rest of the afternoon we spent talking about normal things, like our favourite books.

I was in the middle of explaining my favourite book, "Harry Potter" to Jacob when we heard the unmistakable crackling sound of fire outside Jacobs window.