Chapter twenty eight

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

~Jacob POV~

When we got to shore, it looked as if nobody was there, but I knew they were just hiding.

"Stay close to me," I whispered to Angie and Lily.

I walked to the middle of the beach and drew my sword, Andralia. It's blade glowed in the light of the rising sun.

Jenna walked out to shore holding a sword.

"I heard the alarm and came right away," she said worriedly. "Bartemius would come but he sustained some injuries on his leg from that imbecile, Griffin,"

"You should go back, Jenna!" Jacob exclaimed. "It's going to be dangerous,"

"Oh don't be ridiculous-" Jenna started, but a flaming arrow flew out of one of the bushes and landed on a pile of driftwood. The driftwood caught easily, and soon there was a flaming pile of it next to them.

Several men wearing red uniforms stepped out if the bushes, led by a taller man with an eyepatch.

"Dracon," I seethed.

"Ah, Jacob," Dracon smiled. "We meet again. I am very displeased that you have killed my son, however maybe we can come to an agreement. Hand over the Dragonseye Emerald and MAYBE I will spare you and your..." He looked at Jenna, Lily and Angie with disgust and wrinkled his nose. "Friends,"

"I'll never give the Emerald to you!" I shouted.

"I don't see your father up here fighting for your cause," Dracon smiled slyly. "Is he too cowardly to risk his sorry skin?"

"Oh, trust me," he said through clenched teeth. "If he knew you were here he'd be fighting you,"

"I'm quite sorry then, well actually I'm not," Dracon laughed. "To do this,"

He pulled a knife from a sheath at his side and threw it at Lily. It quizzed towards her chest.