Chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE

~Jacob's POV~

"Lily!" I whispered. "Hide,"

"Will-will they hurt us?" Lily gulped.

"It depends," I replied. "Here," I opened the door into the hall.

"Go into the bathroom and lock the door. Don't come out until I tell you to,"

She stepped into the bathroom and I heard the lock click. When I was satisfied that she was safe I ran down the stairs and into the backyard.

"Who ever you are, come out!" I yelled.

A young man wearing a blood red  blazer stepped out of the bushes behind the shed, holding a long crooked knife.

"Griffin!" I growled. "what are you doing here?"

"Oh nothing," he said, grinning evilly. "My father just sent me to teach you a lesson for taking something that isn't yours,"

He ran the tip of his finger along his knife and leaned against the shed casually.

"I haven't taken anything of yours, Griffin!" I said, my eyes narrowing. "Now leave!"

"Why would I leave when I could have a little fun first?"

He stepped forward.

"A duel perhaps? Magic only," he dropped his knife and it sunk into the grass, an inch from the tip of my foot.

I gave this some thought. If I won, I could settle some arguments; but the chances of that happening were very slim. Griffin had fire on his side, and I hated to admit it but water is really no match against fire.

"You're on," I said, hoping I had made the right decision.

I felt the water inside my heart, letting it spread throughout me until I had complete control of it. I could feel all the water in the ground and in the fountain trickling in front of the house.

Lines of glowing blue traced along my arms, spinning and twisting. I felt them on my chest under my shirt and soon they came up my neck and stopped on my cheeks, ending in points like tiger stripes.

The same happened to griffin, but his were red. Red like fire. He grinned, showing bright white teeth.