Chapter twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

~Lily's POV~

When I awoke, I was lying in a soft pelt if fur.

For a second a didn't know where I was was, then I all came rushing back, as fast and hard as the wave that had almost killed me.

I sat up.

"Jacob?"

"I'm here," he was smiling at me in the back of Maxa. We where still moving, towards the setting sun, but in the distance I could see a small house on a long beach.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"We're almost to the entry to Auquaclan. First we'll stop at a friends, though. I need to talk to somebody,"

We rode over to the house I had seen on the horizon and stopped near the front gait.

Jacob and I dismounted and we tied Maxa and Jayla to the fence and opened the gait.

When Jacob knocked on the door, I heard a scuffling inside and a middle age woman with streaks of grey in her brown hair opened the door. Worry lines creased her soft face, but when she saw who was at the door, some of them seemed to disappear.

"Oh, hello Jacob," she sighed. "I heard from your father that Griffin was back to his plots against Auquaclan and you gave me a scare when you knocked on the door,"

"Sorry Jenna," Jacob frowned at the mention of Griffins name. "You really should ask 'who is it' before you throw the door open next time,"

"Ah, yes. I suppose I should,"

Jenna looked at me. "Who is this?"

"Oh, she's my girlf- shes my friend,"

"You're looking for Bartemius I expect?," Jenna asked.

"Yes," Jacob smiled. "I have some...business to discuss with him,"

"He's in his study, as usual," Jenna smiled back. "Come in. I just put on the kettle when you knocked,"