CHAPTER 6

*skip to school*

I woke up, and did my morning routine. I wore a grey muscle top, with ripped jeans, black jacket, and white converse. To top it off I just put on my locket. "Ashlyn are you ready?" Arianna asked. "Yup." I said looking at my reflection one last time.

Aaron handed my Jansport bag, then we went into the car and drove off to school. When we got to school, Aaron, Arianna, and I went to our friends.

"Hey Ciara." I said with a smile. "Hey Ashlyn." Ciara greeted. "Where's Kacy, Luke, Eric, and Matthew." I asked. "Guess who woke up late, and who is taking forever to pick an outfit." Ciara said. "Kacy and Matthew woke up late again." I complained. "Yea I bomb their phones." She showed her phone. I just laughed, then someone covered my eyes.

"Who's this?" I said kind of scared. "Guess." Someone said with a deep voice. I giggled, and realized who this was. "Hey Luke." After he took his hands off my eyes, then he hugged me. "Aww look at you two. You sure you guys aren't dating?" Ciara asked.

"I'm pretty sure." Like said smiling. I just giggled, then after we just sat down. "Hey this is the earliest you guys ever came." I joked when Kacy and Matthew joined us. "Yea, Ciara told us they were giving out free food." We all looked at Ciara, and she put her hands in surrender.

We continued talking, until the bell rang. "Don't forget meet here." I reminded the others, then walked to my class.

*at lunch*

"Hey Kacy, where is Ciara, Luke, and Matthew." I asked. "Oh, Ciara said she was working on a project with Luke, and Matthew is coming later." Kacy answered. "Okay." I said.

"Let's go get lunch." Kacy dragged me to the Cafe. When we got lunch we went back to our meet up spot. I saw Ciara, Luke, and Matthew waiting for us. "Hey Ashlyn can I talk to you?" Luke asked. "Sure. What is it?" I asked. "Can we talk in private?" He asked shyly. "Sure." Then we walked to a bench.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked. "Umm.... You know how we've been friends ever since 3rd grade." Luke started off. "Yea." I said giving him all my attention. "So... Like ever since I met you, I liked you...." He confessed. I was shocked, I liked him too. "It's okay if you don't like me, I get it." He said standing up. "No. I mean I like you too." I said blushing. He was shocked, and he said, "So will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. "Yes." I said then hugged him.

We walked back to our friends, then Ciara spoke, "So... Is it official?" She asked giving me a smirk. "Yup." Luke said popping out the 'p.' Kacy and Matthew fan girled. I just laughed, while Luke just held my hand. "MY SHIP HAS SAILED!!!" Ciara exclaimed, causing a few people to look at us. "SORRY!" Ciara exclaimed, and we just walked away from her.

When the bell rang, Luke walked me to class, and we said our goodbyes. I just sighed then walked into class.

"Okay Class today we will be starting a new unit in History." Mrs.L said. "Class please open your textbook to chapter 5." She added. While we were reading the entire chapter, our councilor came into the class.

"Ms.Valdez go with Ms.Miller." My teacher announced. I grabbed all my stuff, and followed behind.

"Ms.Valdez your mother called the school saying you are moving next week Friday." Ms.Miller started off. "I know." I mumbled. "Are you okay Ms.Valdez?" She asked concerned. "No, because I have to move to California." I said honestly. "Well your mom just called the school to notify us." She added. "Okay." I said plainly.

"Do you want to talk about this?" She asked. "Honestly yes." I said with a sigh. After she gave me a box of tissues. "Tell me what you need to get off your chest." She said. I took a deep breathe, and I started off by saying, "Ever since my parents told us the news, my siblings and I tried everything to forget about it, but it just keeps coming back." I said making my voice crack last sentence. "Don't worry Ashlyn, maybe this is the best." Ms.Miller said soothingly. I just wiped my tears with the tissues and blew my nose.

When the bell rang that meant school was over. "Ashlyn just come to me if anything is bothering you." Ms.Miller said before I left. "Thank You." I replied then walked out the door.