CHAPTER 48

Megan's POV

"Mom I need an old picture of myself." I said. "Look inside my closet, there is a box." She said. "Okay." I said.

I opened the box and saw an envelope. I was curious what was in it so I opened it. It had a contract and other papers. I read the contract, it was about an adoption. I was adopted... Why didn't none of my parents tell me about this. "Megan did you find the pictures?" I heard my mom coming up. I put the papers back in the envelope and continued to search for a picture. "Not yet." I said.

She walked into the room, and saw the envelope on the ground. She had a worried look on her face. "You read that envelope didn't you." My mom said sadly. "Yea." I said holding in my tears. "Found a picture." I said. Then quickly went out of her bedroom.

I finally finished my tumblr heart with my pictures. "Megan?" I heard my mom. "Yes." I said. "Can we talk?" She asked. "Sure." I said.

"Honey, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this earlier." She began. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "Your Father and I were worried you might run away just to look for your real parents." She said. "The contract said you were adopting me and my older sister?" I questioned. My mom sighed, "We told her and she wanted to visit her real parents, but we said no." "What happened?" I asked. "She ran away and searched for them, and she never came back." She said. I was speechless, but my mom hugged me. "This is why some things should be hidden." My mom said.

My mom left me in my room, and the first thing I did was call Ashlyn.

{A- Ashlyn & M- Megan}

A- Hey Meg

M- Ashlyn, I just found something out about me

A- What is it?

M- I'm adopted... and apparently I have an older sister...

A- Wow... Are you going to try find your sister and real parents?

M- No, cause my mom told me a story about my sister.

A- Oh... But don't worry, I'll always be with you, I'm just a call away.

M- Thanks Ashlyn, well I got to go see ya later

A- Bye Meg, see you soon too

*end of call*

I searched up my actual last name which was Pennington. The first thing that popped up was a picture of a painting of a royal family. I searched up my family tree, and apparently my actual full name is Megan Kate R. Pennington. My sister's name is Madeline Lila R. Pennington, and she was suppose to be next in line for throne. I did more research about my family's past. My mom and dad's love story was like Cinderella, but my dad was the peasant and my mom was like Merida a tough, independent, and intelligent.