Chapter 14

Bambi :

"SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME, YOU BEEN MESSING AROUND ON ME!"

I pulled my pillow over my head and continued to try and go back to sleep. This constant arguing they do isn't going to work. My parents had just came back yesterday and a break away from each other haven't changed anything. They still think one of them is cheating on each other and with the lost of Jamir, everything seems to just be getting worst.

"I DIDN'T SAY THAT JARROD, I WOULD NEVER."

They always yelled back and forth and then one of them would leave for a few days before coming back to make things right. They would be happy for a few weeks or a month at the most before going right back to their constant arguing. After more constant arguing, I heard the front door slam and a car crank up. I knew it was probably my dad that left, so I decided to just get up because now I wouldn't get any peace because my mom was about to call all her friends and tell them all our business. I pulled the pillow from over my head and pulled my phone off the charger from my nightstand. 11:23 , who in the hell argues at 11:23 in the morning on a Friday. I sat my phone back on the nightstand and got up with ease, trying not to wake Lay. Once I safely made it out of the bed, I walked to the bathroom, before taking a quick 15 minute shower and handling the rest of my hygiene. I wrapped a towel around me and walked back into my room. I sat on my bed and picked up my phone before checking my recent messages and other notifications.

Hubby ♥ : Call me when you got the time, I miss you already baby.

Leggo : Hml when you get this , I really need to talk to you.

I replied back to Leggo with a quick 'what you want' and then called my baby on FaceTime.

"Baby!"

"Hey, what you doing today?"

"Nothing, Lay ass over here knocked the hell out, plus, my parents just got into an argument so I doubt we're doing any family things."

"Oh okay, well, um, damn."

"What?"

"You just got a towel on?"

I swear it slipped me mind. Luckily, everything was covered, but you could tell I was fresh out of the shower because my chest area was still soaked with water.

"Yeah, I just got out the shower."

"Aight, well I just wanted to hear your voice, I have a lot to talk to you about, can we meet up."

"Yeah, bring Tony though."

"Dat's a bet."

"Aight, bye baby."

"Baby wifey."

I laid my phone back on the bed and walked into my closet to decide what I wanted to slip on for the moment. I got out some grey tights and a black, long sleeved, crop top. I lotioned my body, slipped on my undergarments and pulled my clothes onto my body before waking Lay. I called her phone which caused the ringtone to go off by her face. She picked it up without looking at the name.

"Hello", she said into the phone.

"Get that ass up girl!", I semi-yelled while standing in front of her.

She threw her phone back to the side of her before rolling her eyes and getting up. I left out of my room and walked downstairs where I noticed that someone had already cooked grits and eggs with toast and sausage. I fixed two plates, and popped them in the microwave before fixing a cup of Orange Pinneapple juice and a cup of coffee. I sat the food on the table while Lay came walking down the stairs in some joggers and a hoodie crop top.