Chapter 10

Lay :

I rode down the streets of Tallahassee on this cold November day. I had finally gotten my car in October and I was feeling great. I pulled up to Rickards High School and parked in my reserved student parking spot. I grabbed my backpack from the back seat before checking my hair and make up in the mirror. I had put my hair into a nice bun and my make up was very simple. I fixed my lipstick and finally stepped out of the car before pressing the lock button on my key chain. I walked into the front gate and headed immediately for my locker. Once at my locker, I began placing my books in when I felt someone's arms wrap around me and their lips meet with my neck.

"Baby stop.", I said slightly before turning around in his arms. What I assumed was Tony, wasn't really Tony.

"RJ, what the hell, get off me!", I said while trying to push him away.

"Baby, just chill, I want you back okay. I want it to be an "Us" again baby. Please, just give me another chance baby.", he said with a slight smirk.

I just stood there lowkey pissed. I wanted to go take him back in time to show him all the places he had me fucked up at. I wanted to push his ass down these stairs that he brought his ignorant ass up just to come to me on this BS. I wanted to drop kick his ass, but no, I just stood and stared at him. No, I wasn't thinking about going back with him because Tony makes me happy, but I had so many disrespectful thoughts running through my head that I became short of words. He reached in to hug me and I slapped his hand away.

"I don't want a damn thing to do with you. You a fuck nigga and I refuse to let you back into my life. I have someone new that makes me happy and he treats me better than you ever did, so don't come to me on the bull shit because I don't want to hear it. You made your bed to go your own separate way, so lay in that shit. Don't come up to me with the bull and think I'm just supposed to take you back, that's not how things work.", I told him before closing my locker and walking away. This made me feel so good about myself. I was able to walk away from him and move on to something better.

I walked down the bottom hall of the 500 building until I reached Tony's locker. As usual, he was there with BJ and Bambi.

"Hey baby.", I said really low and giving him a slight hug. I knew he was probably aggravated because he isn't a morning person. He hugged me back and I stood in his arms as he rested his chin on my head. These were the moments that made me think more than twice about him ever leaving me. Even when he's aggravated, he cares.

"So, I heard somebody supposed to be giving out invites for a party today, but I don't know who.", BJ said.

"Shit, my brother's funeral is on Sunday, so I don't even know if I'm down to go to a party this weekend. Depending on who it is, I might not even get invited.", Bambi stated while looking up at BJ.

"Yeah, we need to go shopping for dresses for Jamir's funeral and Tony needs a long sleeved, Polo shirt to wear.", I stated. Tony looked down at me with a smile. I always knew when he needed something and that made him happy, but hey, that is my baby.

We discussed more about the funeral until the first period bell rung. Bambi and I walked to first period and took our seats. Ms. Pickett called roll and of course, everyone was there, but Rosco. I wouldn't be surprised if he had dropped out, he was always involved in the street life. The class went by slowly and the next three passed by even slower, until the bell rang at 11:20 A.M. for lunch.

We made our way through the halls and was stopped by a crowd of students. A girl was standing on a table outside trying to make an announcement.

"ATTENTION STUDENTS OF JAMES S. RICKARDS HIGH SCHOOL, I AM MONIECE AND I WILL BE THROWING A PARTY FOR MY SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY. TODAY, I HAVE HANDED OUT INVITATIONS. IF YOU OWN A CAR, IT IS ON YOUR WINDSHIELD, IF YOU HAVE A LOCKER, IT IS IN YOUR LOCKER AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE EITHER, YOU WILL RECEIVE IT DIGITALLY BY SOCIAL MEDIA OR MESSAGE. THE INVITATIONS INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW. THANK YOU ALL!", she stated before getting down from the table and walking away through the crowd.