Chapter 3

Bambi :

I got up on this Saturday at 11:00 A.M., it felt good to be able to sleep in after waking up at 5:30 every morning for five days straight. I made my way to my bathroom and stripped out of my sports bra and boyshorts. I stepped in the shower and washed myself under the hot water. The shower was my thinking place and as of right now, I could only think of two people, Leggo and Brandon.

Leggo and I have always had thing since the ninth grade. We dated once, but that didn't last long, but we always bounce back, title or not. Although Leggo was my baby, I couldn't help but think about Brandon. The way he present himself is just so sexy yoo, but I'm going to get to know him better before I decided to actually talk to him on that level.

After showering, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I put on some grey joggers and a plain, black halter top with black socks and Nike slides. I walked downstairs where my daddy was watching football.

"Good morning daddy!", I called out while walking into the kitchen to look for breakfast.

"Morning. I cooked some eggs, bacon and toast, your plate in the microwave.", he said while looking at me.

"Thank you daddy.", I said as I warmed the food up in the microwave and sat on the couch.

"So, what you been up to cry baby.", he asked while cutting the volume down on the TV.

"I am not a cry baby, and nothing much, I'm supposed to be going to the mall with Lay today.", I said while walking to get my food out of the microwave.

"Oh, okay, well, I have to tell you something and I don't want you to get upset.", he said before looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"What is it?", I questioned with a concerned expression on my face.

"Well, as you know, I have been back and forth out of town to find the best doctors for medical conditions.", he said. "Well, now I have to go away for 3 months and get this machine taken out my back, I am getting better baby girl."

I began to cry tears of joy considering that he has been getting surgery since 2008 and it's 2018. 10 years of hell, tears and grief finally paid off. He embraced me as I continued to cry.

After sobering up from my tears, I told him how much I loved him and then we began to have a talk about my personal life. I can talk to my dad about anything, drama, boys, sex, gangs, and everything else. My daddy was like my best friend, when Lay couldn't help me out, I could always go to him. He was very understanding considering that he came here from Haiti when he was 18 and made the same mistakes we are making today. He used to sell drugs and live wild, until he met my mom and settled down. Don't be fooled tho, my pops is a natural flirt and a ladies man because of his accent and respect for women.

"So, you and this Leggo boy don't talk no more?", he asked with a smile.

"He be tryna talk to me, but I don't get the same feeling about it no more. I still have a little heart for him tho.", I replied as I remembered he tried to face time me yesterday.

"Oh okay. Well, follow your heart baby girl, but don't let these boys play you for a fool.", he said before getting up and heading for his room on the bottom floor.

I got up from the couch and went to put my plate back in the kitchen and washed the dishes. After washing the dishes, I went back up to my room and facetimed Leggo back from yesterday.

"Hello."

"Yeah, you called me yesterday?"

"Oh yeah, what's good bae."