Chapter 20

Bambi :

I could tell you that I love you tonight.

But I know that I've got time on my side.

Where you goin', why you leavin' so soon?

Is there somewhere else that's better for you?

What is love,

If you're not here with me?

What is love,

If it's not guaranteed?

I sat in my room listening to music as I thought back on how my brother is no longer here. A hour or so from now, I will be meeting Forty at Waffle House so I can get this "insight" for JJ. Luckily, he was already asking to meet up with me, so I didn't have to ask. I swear, whoever set my brother up and took my brother's life is going to pay. On my mama, none of these niggas safe.

I laid back in my bed and pulled my phone off the nightstand. I checked the time to see that it was 12 in the afternoon and time for me to get dressed. I got up and walked into my closet to look for something nice, yet simple to wear. Wouldn't want him to think that I was getting dolled up for him. After looking for a few minutes, I decided on a white, transparent, long sleeved shirt dress with my black, Jordan Concords. Although it was the beginning of November, it wasn't to cold outside.

I changed clothes quickly and put on some silver hoops, along with diamond studs foe my cartilage piercing. I placed a burgundy lipstick onto my lips and rubbed in it nicely before applying a top coat of Carmex. I stood in front of the mirror and began to brush my new sew in down. Once I was done, I grabbed my all black purse that I scooped up from Forever 21 and slipped all of my belongings into it. Finally, I grabbed my phone, headphone and car keys before walking out the door. With my brother being dead, I was always lonely because my parents were always gone somewhere and of course, JJ moved out.

I took a quick 10 minute drive to Waffle House. I walked in and sat down before checking the time. 12:45. Of course, I knew I should've just came at one. Even though we agreed on 12:30. I decided to sit and wait on him before allowing the lady to take my order.

After about 15 minutes more, he walked in. This nigga has some explaining to do. He slid into the booth and began to text away at his phone. I took in his appearance as he did this. He was wearing a red polo shirt, with a blue horse, some all white jeans and the spiderman foamposites.

"If you just going to sit here text, I'll leave.", I said with a slight eye roll.

"My bad man, I have a lot goin' on right now.", he said before sitting his phone on the table and running his hands over his face.

"Want to talk about it?", I asked.

"Shit. I don't want to bore you with my shitty life."

"You won't bore me, I mean if-"

"Is y'all ready to order or what?", someone said. I looked up to see Turtle.

"Bitch!", I said while pulling her into a hug."When did you start working here?"

"Shit, about two weeks ago. When did you and Forty get back cool bih?", she asked with a side smirk. She always think she peeping some shit.

"The night of Moniece party.", I said.

"Oh, well speaking of parties, you know I'm throwing one next weekend at Aloft.", she said.

"Oh shit, send me the details bih."